News   Aug 15, 2024
 172     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 265     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 330     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I am in a hotspot, but I have strong moral-ethical reservation about getting vaccinated so much earlier as someone who is not in a high risk age group, isn't an essential worker and have the luxury of working from home. No doubt I will get vaccinated - it just feel a little like butting in line.

AoD

I'm 33 but I'm taking this opportunity because I do condo security for a living. I have a few people at my work who are Anti-Maskers claiming medical exemptions where there are none. There also have been multiple positive cases where I work.

I'm at risk everytime I set foot in that building.

I see that funerals and weddings are still allowed at 15% capacity... My mother passed away a month ago in Québec, and having a funeral was totally out of the question, even though they were allowed there also. This is just another indication that Ford isn't taking this seriously.

I know a number of people who have passed over the last year, and not one of them has had a funeral or any gathering.

I see that funerals and weddings are still allowed at 15% capacity... My mother passed away a month ago in Québec, and having a funeral was totally out of the question, even though they were allowed there also. This is just another indication that Ford isn't taking this seriously.

His MO has always been hedging - and when the dice invariably falls in a way that doesn't favour him, it is always someone elses' fault that forces him, once again, to hedge his bet. Rinse and repeat.

Anyways, an interesting opinion piece from the Globe:

AoD

With the weather getting nicer, there will be a lot more people walking/biking outside enjoying the sun as well. Not staying at home doesn't mean someone is going somewhere enclosed/packed. Are they going to try to close off (parking in) the parks (Ashbridge Bay, etc)?

Since you can drive to get to the golf course, it only seems fair to let people drive to the park, right? Parks remain open, although I suppose individual municipalities could close them if they felt it was needed.

Since you can drive to get to the golf course, it only seems fair to let people drive to the park, right? Parks remain open, although I suppose individual municipalities could close them if they felt it was needed.

Keep in mind that the cherry trees are about to blossom in high park. I can seem them closing it again. Even driving through people will stop and congregate.

I am in a hotspot, but I have strong moral-ethical reservation about getting vaccinated so much earlier as someone who is not in a high risk age group, isn't an essential worker and have the luxury of working from home. No doubt I will get vaccinated - it just feel a little like butting in line.

AoD
I'll get it as soon as I can, though the way things are now I will likely end up very close to the back of the line, since my postal code in the city is not one of the ones listed. I realize it makes sense though since I'm not in any kind of "at risk" group.
Relatives in Brampton have their postal code listed, which seems a little strange to me since it's a neighbourhood with large houses, a golf course, and not much else.

I'll get it as soon as I can, though the way things are now I will likely end up very close to the back of the line, since my postal code in the city is not one of the ones listed. I realize it makes sense though since I'm not in any kind of "at risk" group.
Relatives in Brampton have their postal code listed, which seems a little strange to me since it's a neighbourhood with large houses, a golf course, and not much else.

The impression I got was that they were focusing on Toronto and Brampton as a whole while subtracting the parts with little to no cases. I used to work in M5J but the condo I worked at had zero cases overall while the building I work in M5B has had more than a few.

I live in M1L and the area is full of families in homes, religious centers (we have 1 church and 2 temples on Birchmount between St. Clair and Comstock) and plenty of essential workers.

The point I am trying to make is that some areas despite having higher density are not as affected.

EyZWWmSWYAkW1wu

Province says mobile vaccine clinics will be sent to high-risk communities

From link.
Map of postal codes in Toronto (from link)...

toronto-ontario-postal-code-forward-sortation-areas-map.jpg

I have been there several times but the point I was trying to make is that they need to define what is and is not essential to avoid every Tom, Dick and Harry saying that they are able to open.

What we don't need is someone saying a dispensary is essential because someone may have a need for medical marijuana while allowing it to open for everyone else. Same with Dollarama which sells food and personal care items.
Poor example using Dollarama. They're the "urban Walmart" for many people; in that it's one of the cheapest places for low-income earners without cars to buy food staples. Now, I agree no one needs to be allowed to get a cheap HDMI cable or shower curtain from Dollarama, but the middle class can't ignore their privilege. Bulk Barn too is a low-cost option for many foods. You'll not find produce in either store, but fresh produce is often a luxury for low-income communities.

Map of postal codes in Toronto (from link)...

toronto-ontario-postal-code-forward-sortation-areas-map.jpg
Sadly, there is a portion of M4W that runs south of Bloor, adjacent to M4Y (included in "high risk") that is not indicated on that map. I know because we live on the south side of Bloor and are M4W. We (living in a building with 400+ units) get lumped in with the Rosedale mansions. The next building south is M4Y (about 20 feet away), but is also apparently much riskier place to live than here?

Poor example using Dollarama. They're the "urban Walmart" for many people; in that it's one of the cheapest places for low-income earners without cars to buy food staples. Now, I agree no one needs to be allowed to get a cheap HDMI cable or shower curtain from Dollarama, but the middle class can't ignore their privilege. Bulk Barn too is a low-cost option for many foods. You'll not find produce in either store, but fresh produce is often a luxury for low-income communities.

To be fair for around the same money you can get the same items at Wal-mart.

Back