News   Jul 15, 2024
 404     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 531     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Ottawa-Gatineau are shutting down most of city run buildings etc starting Monday such as librarys/arenas/community center/swimming pools plus museums/national art center are shut down now.

Think closing things and a blanket travel ban on foreigners is best way to flatten the curve right now.
Reduce community spread and reduce new infections from abroad.

Don't forget domestic spread - national travel should be strongly discouraged. Cut flights, restrict interprovincial roads to essential travel only - especially since you can't contact trace road travel well at all. I wonder if CF has activated the reserves yet - that's a workforce of a minimum of 30K.

Nationalize/commandeer critical supplies/supply chains (Amazon, I am looking at you).

AoD

Last edited:
We've all heard about some poorly behaving businesses re: Sick Leave/Personal Days.

How about one good one:

1584207419621.png

Don't forget domestic spread - national travel should be strongly discouraged. Cut flights, restrict interprovincial roads to essential travel only - especially since you can't contact trace road travel well at all. I wonder if CF has activated the reserves yet - that's a workforce of a minimum of 30K.

Nationalize/commandeer critical supplies/supply chains.

AoD

For the 3rd day in a row Ontario had a big spike in cases i could see places like Quebec telling there citizen to avoid going to Ontario.

Its worth saying at this junction, that there is little if any evidence supporting transmission without close proximity in an outdoor environment.

Going for a walk is still a good idea, and helps mitigate both mental and physical health risks of inactivity and isolation/familial crowding.

Just don't get in anyone's face while you're out! LOL

Norway will temporarily shut all its airports from Monday in a move to curb the spread of coronavirus, Prime Minister Erna Solberg said on Saturday.
The government is ready to do all what is needed to secure the country’s economy, hit by business shutdowns due to the virus outbreak, and would seek to import medical equipment from China, she told a news conference.

Its worth saying at this junction, that there is little if any evidence supporting transmission without close proximity in an outdoor environment.

Going for a walk is still a good idea, and helps mitigate both mental and physical health risks of inactivity and isolation/familial crowding.

I think going for a walk you can sort of control your distance form others while going to Costco etc you can't.

True, though that's more challenging in dense urban areas.

I think going for a walk you can sort of control your distance form others while going to Costco etc you can't.

Yeah I am truly a bit disturbed by the crowds at the grocery stores - it's definitely not a great place to be at.

AoD

I didn't suggest going to Costco.

And most streets do not have high pedestrian traffic, and we have beautiful valleys whose trails are mostly clear of snow and ice as well.

There's ample room to stay a reasonable distance from most people.

Kindly refrain from paranoia, especially when not supported by epidemiological evidence.

Well, this is a failure of sorts:

And in other news:

Perfect volunteers for public service - sanitizing public spaces in hospitals.

AoD

Last edited:
India has found a cure for the Virus

Cow dung
Unfounded and often ridiculous Asian mysticism around what people eat was what got us into this place. Indians, eat your cow dung if you wish, but let’s hope your neighbours in China stop eating civets, pangolins and bats. While we‘re at it, let‘s stop slaughtering Rhinos for boner pills.

I hope this new outbreak reduces the demand for wild animal meats and mystic potions.

Back