News   Jul 15, 2024
 509     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 662     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 586     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

It will be interesting to see the government response with respect to the off-line retail industry. I am sure many outlets already teetering on the brink will see Coronavirus will force them into bankruptcy without a government handout. Is it prudent to give them one though or simply delaying the inevitable outcome of what was already well underway in the retail industry?

It will be interesting to see the government response with respect to the off-line retail industry. I am sure many outlets already teetering on the brink will see Coronavirus will force them into bankruptcy without a government handout. Is it prudent to give them one though or simply delaying the inevitable outcome of what was already well underway in the retail industry?

I'd say protect the workers, not the businesses.

AoD

U of T has cancelled all in person classes, at all campuses

York U is also moving online as of next week:

As is Ryerson:

Centennial, Humber, George Brown and Seneca colleges have all suspended classes next week; with programs to available online where possible by the week after.

Last edited:
What a leader. /sarcasm

“You gonna die”. Gee, thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 1.41.15 PM.png

I see on my Facebook feed friends of mine that work in restaurants which are usually packed on Friday's at lunch are empty, it's going to be even worse this weekend with no games/ and some major events and attractions shut down. :(

Yeah I work as a waitress so pretty much going to assume I wont be getting any tips.

I am okay I have lots of savings but many dont.

The city is quickly shutting down.

Starting tomorrow, the AGO will be closed for three weeks.

The Royal Ontario Museum will also be closed to the public starting at 5:30 p.m. today until April 5.

https://www.cp24.com/news/event-cancellations-and-closures-amid-covid-19-outbreak-1.4850173

I feel like this is the wrong call.

What with forcing parents to take time off, due to school closures and childcare closures, there is a need for people to be able to circulate some in the course of 3 weeks (or more)

I think they would be better off expanding hours, but capping capacity; and encouraging online ticket purchasing so as to minimize lines.

Online purchasing could also create time-specific tickets; ie. good for Tuesday, 12pm-3pm. So as to help manage loads/crowd density.

What with forcing parents to take time off, due to school closures and childcare closures, there is a need for people to be able to circulate some in the course of 3 weeks (or more)
It doesn’t need to be organized. Just send the kids outside. That’s what my teenage kids are doing, they’ve booked several get togethers.

Rec centers shutting down and my friends cancelled going clubbing Saturday

Looks like people will go into lockdown without govt guidance.

Back