News   Aug 07, 2020
 674     0 
News   Aug 07, 2020
 769     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Jasmine18

Member Bio
Reaction score
My prediction is unless we see hospitals get overwhelmed the general public rather have things stay open then lockdown in the summer.
I am seeing people develop a rather cavalier attitude especially here in the burbs.

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just Crown land camping would be fine.

No, no, no....that's much too packed with people indoors blah blah arbitrary nonsense blah blah stay home....and shop, but camping in severe isolation will kill us all. Go golfing instead blah blah blah.....by "physical distance" we actually meant tripping over each other in Metro and CT, not actually physical distance. Silly.
Economy. Work, work, work...no leisure. Work!

....bunch of wank stains.

I stopped paying attention when it became crystal that my value to these people is as a cash cow and purely economic input. I'm done. Eyes glazed. Best of luck.

yrt+viva=1system

Member Bio
Reaction score
My prediction is unless we see hospitals get overwhelmed the general public rather have things stay open then lockdown in the summer.
I am seeing people develop a rather cavalier attitude especially here in the burbs.
I have also noticed this too now that retailers are opening back up. In my area, Thornhill, you see people who don't care at all about Covid-19 and wearing PPE. Even to the point of people saying it's exaggerated by the government and really nothing; just a typical flu. Personally I am shocked at such responses but on the other hand it's sort of expected when a huge population of the area are from Russian speaking countries and have lived under Soviet regimes.

Prior to this week and officially allowing some retailers to reopen, I've noticed that there were long lines to get into the local Walmart and Dollarama literally everyday (20-30 min wait). I want to say that people are there for essential things but my suspicions are that people are bored and just can't stay indoors.

Jasmine18

Member Bio
Reaction score
We live in a country where we stay mostly indoors from November to Late April in many parts of it.

I am not shocked people want to be outdoors.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited:

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Ontario records highest number of new COVID-19 cases in two weeks

Friday, May 22, 2020

TORONTO -- Ontario has recorded the highest daily number of new COVID-19 cases in two weeks as the death toll surpasses 2,000.

On Friday, health officials reported 441 new cases of the disease, bringing the total to 24,628.

Jasmine18

Member Bio
Reaction score
People complain there is a lack of tests but if people are to scared to go get a test what do you do?

Like i think a lot of people wont get tested randomly unless they are really sick.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
'This is not business as usual': You may start seeing a COVID-19 surcharge on your receipts

Friday, May 22, 2020

TORONTO -- As small businesses begin the arduous task of reopening amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, some have opted to tack on a COVID-19 surcharge to their receipts in an effort to recoup funds spent on new sanitation and physical distancing measures.

The so-called "COVID fee" is designed to help cover the cost of personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, increased sanitation measures, or income lost from reducing the number of customers a business is allowed to serve based on physical distancing measures.

Hair salons and restaurants are among the first to embrace the surcharge in provinces where they have been allowed to reopen, such as British Columbia, but experts warn it’s a delicate balance to strike at a time when consumers are wary about spending.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
'This is not business as usual': You may start seeing a COVID-19 surcharge on your receipts

Friday, May 22, 2020

TORONTO -- As small businesses begin the arduous task of reopening amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, some have opted to tack on a COVID-19 surcharge to their receipts in an effort to recoup funds spent on new sanitation and physical distancing measures.

The so-called "COVID fee" is designed to help cover the cost of personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, increased sanitation measures, or income lost from reducing the number of customers a business is allowed to serve based on physical distancing measures.

Hair salons and restaurants are among the first to embrace the surcharge in provinces where they have been allowed to reopen, such as British Columbia, but experts warn it’s a delicate balance to strike at a time when consumers are wary about spending.

Curious to see how much that fee will add to the overall bill. Could affect my choices as a consumer.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Curious to see how much that fee will add to the overall bill. Could affect my choices as a consumer.
The place that my brother goes to for haircuts have already notified customers on social media that they're going to charge an extra $10 per cut when they open up again. So from $35 to 45.

PinkLucy

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Ontario records highest number of new COVID-19 cases in two weeks

Friday, May 22, 2020

TORONTO -- Ontario has recorded the highest daily number of new COVID-19 cases in two weeks as the death toll surpasses 2,000.

On Friday, health officials reported 441 new cases of the disease, bringing the total to 24,628.

Almost two weeks after Mother's Day -- there was quite a bit of speculation that there would be an increase about now.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Almost two weeks after Mother's Day -- there was quite a bit of speculation that there would be an increase about now.
I'm curious to see a breakdown of details for these numbers in what kind of setting did these cases occur. The situation remains critical in LTC homes of course, however the numbers there should be relatively stable now compared to the peak from few weeks ago.

I'd imagine that a fair portion of newer cases are from healthcare and other front line workers. While community infection in the general public remains a risk.