News   Jul 11, 2024
 447     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 572     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 713     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Companies, as with governments really need to learn that cover-ups or misrepresentations only tend to dig deeper holes.

Most people (and customers) get that everything from bad luck to mistakes happen.

They just expect it to be dealt with responsibly.

Longos here looks good, when they had a second incident at the same store, they closed it for 14 days to allow for full self-isolation of all staff; and a deep cleaning.

They also have moved ahead on the mask requirement. Based on evidence I've seen, masks for customers don't likely affect spread materially in a socially-distant setting.

But masks for workers do help combat spread.

That said, whether this was done in order to make workers feel better or the public or w/e it shows attention being paid, and caution.

Where Loblaws shows something else.

Looks like they're finally taking measures seriously and closing the Dupont & Christie location:

1589165171869.png

@Admiral Beez

Another pertinent update on the UK for you. Although the key thing still remains whether they'll maintain the 14 day quarantine rule for everyone.

UK lockdown: Hospitality industry may partially re-open in July, says Boris Johnson

Step three – at the earliest by July – and subject to all these conditions and further scientific advice, if and only if the numbers support it, we will hope to re-open at least some of the hospitality industry and other public places, provided they are safe and enforce social distancing.”

“With insufficient clarity as to when pubs will reopen, our sector remains in limbo and facing severe uncertainty and financial devastation,” said Emma McClarkin, chief executive of the British Beer and Pub Association.

“If government plans to keep pubs closed until the final phase of release, as rumoured, this would make pubs first in and last out of lockdown.

All it takes is one person to cause an outbreak. That being said the public health guidelines and the directives issued by the province are to avoid camping not ignore that directive and do it anyway.

You may think it is safe BUT that does not mean it is. What about the people you come into contact with on your way there and back? Crown land is isolated but do you really think that it is safe to travel across the province and go camping right now?

Even asymptomatic people can be carriers.

First, it self-evidently takes at least 2 people to create an outbreak, you can't transmit anything to 'no one'.

Second, I have posted multiple, peer-reviewed, studies that show outdoor transmission is exceedingly low.

That is to say the risk is minute, under 'normal' circumstances (in the outdoors). There are circumstances where it can occur.

But in 318 instances studied in China in which transmission was known to occur to 2 or more parties (3 cases total)........only one took place outdoors.

The risk of transmission, were @SunriseChampion a Covid carrier, of him passing on the virus, while actually in the act of camping by himself on crown land (or with friends while maintaining social distance) is very nearly zero.

Sure, if he stops for gas etc etc. Those are possible, but not probable, assuming reasonable precautions around social distance.

The risk is far greater in indoor setting and typically those you remain in for consecutive hours (your home, your work place, an LTC, a hospital, or even long exposure on transit)

Your response in this case is not reasonable or based on the evidence.

It is incumbent upon government and people to follow the science and be responsible.

Camping on crown land qualifies as both; subject to how you interact w/anyone else there; or on the way to/from.

The government's actions have been too little and late in addressing many high-risk settings such as LTCs and absurd overkill in limiting activities unlikely to result in spread.

That said, I'm an advocate of obeying the law; but I also think its an unreasonable expectation the people will obey unreasonable laws for any length of time.

That said, I'm an advocate of obeying the law; but I also think its an unreasonable expectation the people will obey unreasonable laws for any length of time

As am I. It's just I'm tired of people only thinking of themselves when the situation is larger than any one person.

Community transmission is such that if a person stops for gas and gets exposed they could then bring the virus back to Toronto exposing others to a virus that may be getting better here.

Apologies for being heavy handed but I'm of the belief that it is better to stay at home until this thing is almost gone rather than risk a second, third or fourth wave via Thunder Bay and Peterborough.

I realise not everyone will but a person can hope.

As am I. It's just I'm tired of people only thinking of themselves when the situation is larger than any one person.

Community transmission is such that if a person stops for gas and gets exposed they could then bring the virus back to Toronto exposing others to a virus that may be getting better here.

Apologies for being heavy handed but I'm of the belief that it is better to stay at home until this thing is almost gone rather than risk a second, third or fourth wave via Thunder Bay and Peterborough.

I realise not everyone will but a person can hope.
However two months have passed and people have mostly stayed at home.

How many more months do you expect people to stay at home and put their lies on hold

How many more months do you expect people to stay at home and put their lies on hold

I'm sure there's lots of guys with mistresses out there they can't go see, but maybe it's a good thing for those families the lies are on hold?

@Admiral Beez

Another pertinent update on the UK for you. Although the key thing still remains whether they'll maintain the 14 day quarantine rule for everyone.

UK lockdown: Hospitality industry may partially re-open in July, says Boris Johnson

Thanks Albert. We’re going to wait until end of June before thinking about canceling. If we do cancel we’ll rebook it for summer 2021, so even if we get credits instead of refunds we’ll be okay. But I’ll Be very disappointed to cancel if we must, as I’ve never planned a trip so well.

92130004_3126462664039660_7898274355732283392_n.jpg

And people stayed at home​
And read books​
And listened​
And they rested​
And did exercises​
And made art and played​
And learned new ways of being​
And stopped and listened​
More deeply​
Someone meditated, someone prayed​
Someone met their shadow​
And people began to think differently​
And people healed.​
And in the absence of people who​
Lived in ignorant ways​
Dangerous, meaningless and heartless,​
The earth also began to heal​
And when the danger ended and​
People found themselves​
They grieved for the dead​
And made new choices​
And dreamed of new visions​
And created new ways of living​
And completely healed the earth​
Just as they were healed.​
Reprinted during Spanish flu​
Pandemic, 1919​
Photo taken during Spanish flu​

So the govt of california said to Elon musk you cant open your plant.

Musk says I am opening...screw you guys..

Cali govt is like okay we wont do anything.

Lockdowns dont work without teeth

Yes. Camping is safe. Unless I fall off a cliff I'm climbing. Or drown.

You'll never know and neither one of those is infectious.

Anyway, I can't believe that hysterical opinion you posted got deleted. That was so idiotic it was funny.

Anyway, come talk to me about social responsibility when you share some of those household products you hoarded.

I'll think of you ,Rick, on Canada Day, as I sip on some wine and read my book on the granite rocks of Georgian Bay.

....just playing, that would ruin the experience.

I guess my true crime is not owning a cottage as attendance at those is now being somewhat encouraged whilst camping is outlawed.

Though, you know what they say...."The subject who is truly loyal to the chief magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures". ;)

I'd actually be doing my civic duty.

I'll think of you ,Rick, on Canada Day, as I sip on some wine and read my book on the granite rocks of Georgian Bay.

....just playing, that would ruin the experience.

I guess my true crime is not owning a cottage as attendance at those is now being somewhat encouraged whilst camping is outlawed.

Though, you know what they say...."The subject who is truly loyal to the chief magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures". ;)

I'd actually be doing my civic duty.

I imagine they are acquiescing to cottagers because they know they really can't stop them and they are a massive tax base for them. Some of the cottage associations are quite politically engaged.

Enjoy your stay on the wave-smoothed rocks of the Bay. One problem with Muskoka is there is virtually no public waterfront land. Although Crown Land is still covered under the emergency order, I'm not sure who is going to be able to enforce it (watch where you park, though). Interestingly, the entire province is a restricted fire zone (where fire zones exist). I thought it was for fire prevention reasons but the website says it's Covid-related.

Seems the weather will be, well, at least warmer.

Back