North York City Centre (Yonge & Sheppard) | Page 7

Discussion in 'Neighbourhood Node' started by Jamziz, May 23, 2013.

1. amnesiajune

amnesiajune Senior Member

I believe it's going into the spot that was occupied by South St Burger.

A couple of other things that are apparently happening:
    - The Milestones that closed in Empress Walk is being replaced by California Sandwiches. They're a mini-chain in the GTA.
    - The Keg's new location is mostly finished. I'll post a picture later - it looks really slick. Some similar restaurant building also seems to be going up a few blocks north of Empress Walk (I didn't get a picture when I passed that one)
    - Farther north, Lowe's is going into the Centrepoint Mall's north anchor spot, which has been empty since Target's big failure in 2015.

Skeezix likes this.

2. amnesiajune

amnesiajune Senior Member

3. Alexut

Alexut New Member

The Lowe's has been open for a while now. However, due to space restrictions it's not a full size Lowe's so it doesn't carry the same amount of inventory that a normal Lowe's would.

4. NorthYorkEd

NorthYorkEd Active Member

I've never seen staff avoid customers so blatantly as I did at this location. I was killing time during a car servicing appointment and wandered in to browse. This wasn't too long after it had opened, and it wasn't busy.

Several staff members walked right by me. Not a single one greeted me, asked if I needed help, or even made eye contact. And a poor older couple in the bathroom section was standing by the service desk waiting for someone -- anyone -- to help them. I think they finally got someone to page whoever was supposed to be "working" in that dept, as I heard the page request about 3-4 times after I'd moved on.

Doubtful I would ever go back.

5. fatty

fatty New Member

Morals Village (a Chinese hot pot restaurant) is opening on the second floor of Empress Walk directly above the new Pet Smart.

amnesiajune likes this.
  6. Edward Skira

Edward Skira http://skyrisecities.com Staff Member

7. fatty

fatty New Member