News   Apr 24, 2024
 78     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.9K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 580     0 

North York City Centre (Yonge & Sheppard)

Thanks a bunch and filled that out !

err it looks like they're already doing the sidewalk replacement with the most boring concrete slabs ... :( ... worse than what was there.

Does anyone know if there are any plans (or proposed plans) for this location? It's the SW corner of Yonge and Harlandale:

https://goo.gl/maps/VCgXsC8ihrp

This building used to be a McDonald's and Hakim Optical, but it looks to be abandoned (but available for lease). It's been like this for the past few years.

Boston Pizza is taking the large Yonge Street facing space at Gibson Square, where 3 Brewers had previously planned to open in. Coming Soon signs are up.

Where can I find a map of the underground tunnel network in the North York City Centre area? I'm trying to figure out a way to get from North York Centre to the Sheppard Centre underground.

Tunnel? I've been working in that area for 14 years, and I've never heard of a pedestrian tunnel to get from Sheppard to NYCC. Unless you're referring to walking along the subway tracks, but that's very dangerous, very illegal, and a long walk.

Where can I find a map of the underground tunnel network in the North York City Centre area? I'm trying to figure out a way to get from North York Centre to the Sheppard Centre underground.

The tunnel I know of only takes you halfway to NYCC (GoodLife) from across the bottom northwest exit of Sheppard Centre. Easy to miss, I was unaware of its existence for a long time until someone showed it to me.

Does anyone know if there are any plans (or proposed plans) for this location? It's the SW corner of Yonge and Harlandale:

https://goo.gl/maps/VCgXsC8ihrp

This building used to be a McDonald's and Hakim Optical, but it looks to be abandoned (but available for lease). It's been like this for the past few years.

I've heard that a few QSR concepts are looking at the space.

I wonder if the talk around eliminating the property-tax rebate program for vacant storefronts is pushing the owner.

This thread's been dead for a while, unfortunately. It seems like there's a lot of cool new stuff coming into the area right now.

- Starbucks beside Mel Lastman Square got renovated. They have a bigger store and a few new products now.
- Across the street from the other Starbucks, at Yonge & Avondale, there seems to be an indie coffee shop going in with a big corner patio.
- LCBO in North York Centre renovated. The new store is a bit bigger, with more beer and longer hours (they close at 10 pm now).
- The Goodlife gym in the Madison Centre is also expanding/renovating. It's probably one of their biggest & nicest locations in the city right now.
- Sheppard Centre renovation is ongoing. The only new store so far is Potbelly Sandwiches (they're essentially Chicago's answer to Subway) but they've opened most of the new space and closed off the south atrium for renovation.

Two food apps also expanded into the area, Ritual and Foodora. They both let you order from various independent restaurants and small chains on your smartphone. Foodora does take out and bike delivery. Ritual is take out-only but has a built-in rewards program that gives you discounts at some places if you haven't tried them yet.

There's also The Keg which is being built at Yonge and Elmwood, though I'm not sure when it will open.

There's also The Keg which is being built at Yonge and Elmwood, though I'm not sure when it will open.

I think there's a thread for it in the Buildings forum, but it doesn't look like they're in any rush to finish construction.

PetSmart is opening at Empress Walk in the space vacated by Solutions.

Also there is something going on at the northeast corner of Yonge and Norton.
1vHRc84.jpg

PetSmart is opening at Empress Walk in the space vacated by Solutions.

Also there is something going on at the northeast corner of Yonge and Norton.
1vHRc84.jpg

Found this:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations
TORONTO ON M2N 5R3
Ward 23: Willowdale
Application#: 16 240750 BLD 00 BA
Issued Date: Jun 1, 2017
Project: Retail Store
Work: Addition(s)
Description: Proposed 3 storey addition, change of use to future retail or assembly use including part of roof to be used as terrace to two existing two storey office buildings. Note that if it is later changed to a patio SPA is required and a restaurant.

Back