Ninety Condos, The (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

carturo15

Member Bio
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think about this project? builder, location? the model suite looks amazing, very nice finishes, almost everything is standard, 10 ft ceilings, gas on kitchen and balcony. some units are going for $400 psf.

Good location for transit - 2 streetcar lines, 20 minute walk either north or west to both subway lines. It's between Leslieville and the Distillery, and a short walk to a number of parks and St. Lawrence Market, which is nice.

I can't say that any of the layouts really stand out. I don't know anything about the builder.

I went by today and they were actually digging!

IMG_5196.jpg
IMG_5193.jpg
IMG_5195.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5196.jpg
    IMG_5196.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_5193.jpg
    IMG_5193.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_5195.jpg
    IMG_5195.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 758
I am super excited too but I always get really confused with colours and materials and what to upgrade or not....

What is the current cost at this project? Have you seen any good increase after one year?

So how long does it take to do the excavation and what not... Last we heard in Sept was that shoring and excavation will take 4 months but doesn't sound like they are still doing the shoring. I can't wait to see a hole!

As a purchaser I received a package in the mail yesterday with an update letter and the Amended Disclosure Book (by-laws, building plans, condo rules, etc). The included letter also states excavation is in progress and will take approx. 3 months to complete. If you go by the site you'll see they're already about 6+ feet below street level. The live-eye webcam is supposed to be installed this month according to the letter.

Outline "floorplans" of where the parking, lockers, and units are on each floor. Similar to the sales brochure but doesn't show the bedrooms/bathrooms in each unit.

I have a stupid question.. I noticed that some condos in the city are being built with gas fireplaces. Does anyone know if they can be installed in pre-con condos?

gas fireplaces

I find your question a little confusing. Pre-con condos to me, are pre-construction condos that you buy from plans. If this is the case, its an easy solution. If your builder offers gas, a fireplace or a gas bbq outlet on the balcony is an upgrade and easily doable.

If you are talking about pre-existing condos that are already built, installing the gas fireplace is the easy part. Connecting it to a gas line is the hard part! It's doable but very complicated as your building has to have gas lines into it and risers going up the building and then you need to connect to the gas riser and bring it into your suite. Really the only chance you have is if there happens to be a gas riser going up the building inside the walls of your suite. Otherwise you are dealing with other peoples suites etc. They have made some great advances in electric fireplaces of late!

Good luck.

I have a stupid question.. I noticed that some condos in the city are being built with gas fireplaces. Does anyone know if they can be installed in pre-con condos?

Thanks DOWNTOWN27...

I ended up asking the sales guy and he said they aren't going to make any plan changed. There is a gas line for a BBQ and gas range...

Back