Ninety Condos, The (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

Thanks. I purchased a unit a while back and am trying to decide whether i will be renting it out or if i can get a good return from selling right away.

Dear Purchaser:
We wish to provide you with an update on the status of The Ninety.
We are nearly complete the excavation of the 4 parking levels below grade. Weather
permitting, we will complete this work by the end of February.
Prior to completion of the excavation we will begin pouring the tower crane base as well
as begin foundation pouring. We will erect the tower crane in March and continue
concrete work in order to form the garage and then the above grade building structure.
The below grade structure will take approximately 4 months to complete.
Much behind-the scenes work has been carried out. Construction drawings have been
finalized and submitted to the City. Permits have been issued and tenders called for
various items of construction. At this point in time, all major subcontracts have been
awarded. We are now working with our subs to refine construction times and the
schedule for completion and occupancy. We will be able in our next update to more
definitively advise you of occupancy dates for your future planning.
We will continue to keep you up-to-date as to our progress in the “Purchaser” section of
The Ninety web site with 1) regular update letters, 2) progress photos of the project, 3)
and the “live-eye” web cam on-site so that you can see the construction progress in real
time.
We again thank you for purchasing a unit at The Ninety and look forward to developing
a building which you will be proud to occupy and which will also serve as an excellent
investment.

Hey carturo,
How did you find out the finishes appointment will start end of March? I was told we would be notified around the 8 month to occupancy but that seems sometime off...

Cool. Well hopefully that is the case then. I never did get that amended disclosure document even after talking to them ... Anyhow hopefully I get to see the revised plan at the upgrade selection... I guess I will have too to figure out upgrades.

Question about how upgrades are done. Do developers send out a list of upgrades and prices before selection? Do you usually pay for them by cheque?

My experience is that you select the upgrades on the day you choose your finishes. I also found that they don't necessarily volunteer all upgrades possible. You may have to specifically ask about them. For example, where I'm living now I had to ask them for an undermount sink, they didn't ask me if I wanted that option. I know this won't be an issue in the ninetly, as undermount sinks are a standard finish. Also, you will likely have to give a cheque for the upgrades the day of selection.

Thanks jsmiles.... I am so indecisive that its going to take me forever to pick out finishes. I am so the type that needs the preset selections! The only thing I was hoping to get was a gas fireplace but thats a no go; and wired sound system, except in my unit I don't know where they would be able to put them....

I was really hoping for a gas fireplace too! We tried asking the builders to add one in when we purchased, but as you said, it was a no go. We're still hoping for the possibility of adding one in after move in - hooking into the existing gas line. I'm sure that will have to go through the condo board for approval - but maybe if enough of us want them????

Maybe we can try asking the developer again now? It would be so much simpler too.. Did you talk to the BJL sales agent or the developer directly?Anyone else on here interested?

Personally, I'm not interested in a gas fireplace - gas stove and bbq is enough. I believe the utility shares have already been proportionally allocated amongst the units (as seen in documentation already received). I certainly don't want to pay for someone else's gas fireplace if they start allowing them now and don't redo the utility allocations. On the same token, I feel it would be very dangerous for individual owners to take it upon themselves to install or hire someone to install after the fact. Why would you want to take a chance with the potential catastrophe?? A fireplace is so not worth dying over.

If you really want a fireplace just get a ethanol one instead and be done with it.

Check out http://www.ethanolfireplaces.ca/

Safe: Even though it is an open fire, the design ensures that no one really gets too close to the fire. The fireplace material never really gets too hot so even if you accidentally touch it, there's no chance of getting scalded.

Portable: Convenient size and no fixed pipes or parts lets you take this fireplace wherever you want.

Smokeless: No more stinging and watery eyes! The only emission is water vapor and negligible amount of carbon dioxide, so there is no smoke. Not just safe for the environment but for your health too.

Odorless: Ethanol burns without any odor. The only time you can smell something is when you extinguish the flame and that too dissipates very quickly.

No chimney required: Since there is no smoke or harmful emissions or residue, there is no need to install a chimney.

No gas or electric connection needed: These fireplaces are fuelled by bio-ethanol, an alternative fuel, so you don't need any gas pipes or electric connection to get your fire up and running.

Easy to install: Just take it out of the box, fuel it up and get it going. It's as simple as that.

Economical to run: Bio-ethanol is a relatively inexpensive fuel. On an average, 5 liters of this fuel can keep a fire going for anything between 8-20 hours.

Low Maintenance: Low Maintenance: Bio-ethanol fireplaces are made of the hi-tech materials, the mechanism is simple and there is minimal residue. Making it relatively easy to run and maintain.

Thanks for the info celestia. Point taken. Everyone does have their own preferences and you are right that it would not be fair for others to pay for use of utils that they are not able to benefit from - I hadn't thought about that. It is not likely that we would be allowed to have them anyway so I guess there really isn't any point in trying to get 'em. From what I hear about fees, the biggest costs for condo fees is not from utils like natural gas but from staffing such as concierge/security and cleaning staff...

How do you know so much about the ethanol fireplaces? looks like a good alternate - better than having an electric one which would probably be expensive to operate.

I've seen ethanol fireplaces on various tv design shows and at home shows at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. A friend of mine also has one in her condo - she got her relator to buy it for her as a housewarming gift (and it literally throws some heat! :) As for me, I'm getting my relator to buy me a bbq for my terrace! :)

The points I posted about ethanol fireplaces are from the website link itself.

Back