News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 563     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Don't give up, guys. Don't let these numbers get you down.

How can they? Its bogus! He's not even trying to cover up its a joke. Btw, I just got the REAL numbers:
Smitherman - 33
Ford - 31
Pants- 10
and a whole bunch of undecideds.

These numbers are based on my own poll, which is based on the lady that came to more door at around 4pm, campaigning for Smitherman. Its a done deal!

Airing a foreign language attack ad in a niche radio market designed to make your opponent look homophobic is, I think, kind of a lame conspiracy.

Not lame at all since the dirty tricksters would know that the controversy would spread far outside the niche radio market and in fact that is what happened. In no time at all this thing went viral across twitter with desperate Smitherman supporters excitedly tweeting that they had at long last found the PROOF that had long eluded them throughout the campaign - proof that Rob Ford is a "homophobe" and "racist"

Today we find out that the Rob Ford campaign had nothing at all to do with this ad and a lot of Smitherman supporters have egg on their face.

If it was a Smitherman campaign planted ad, they would have put it somewhere far more prominent. It was just happenstance that this was picked up on outside the Tamil community. You're really stretching.

I think it's likely it's an (illegal?) third party radio ad. Good on him for denouncing it, though I take some issue with the time it took for the campaign to get the message out. What was the hold up?
The team had to figure out the whole tweeting thing

Not lame at all since the dirty tricksters would know that the controversy would spread far outside the niche radio market and in fact that is what happened. In no time at all this thing went viral across twitter with desperate Smitherman supporters excitedly tweeting that they had at long last found the PROOF that had long eluded them throughout the campaign - proof that Rob Ford is a "homophobe" and "racist".

Ridiculous!

[video=youtube;3EkBuKQEkio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EkBuKQEkio[/video]

Similarly, I am not at all sure a big stink about something like this is to George's benefit. The campaign certainly isn't hiding his sexuality, but they haven't been blasting it from the rooftops either. As MetroMan suggested, this controversy gets George and staffers talking about the fact that he is gay, which may, sadly, turn some people off him.

Doesn't seem like we will be getting another poll this late. My guess is things are still very, very close. GOTV is the name of the game.

Before going to the polls on Monday, a song dedicated to Pantalone.

[video=youtube;gKxMzc6Rig4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxMzc6Rig4[/video]

actually I think he is the only "normal" one

so have we ever had a "good" mayor in the last 30 years???
anyone?

actually I think he is the only "normal" one

so have we ever had a "good" mayor in the last 30 years???
anyone?

Yeah, Miller. I would vote for him again if he was running.
I don't like any of the current candidates so I just voted for the one that bothered me the least. Hooray for democracy.

Now that we know that Ford was NOT behind this repugnant ad.
He was behind the bigoted and insulting language used however when he said he was appauled by it.

Do you condemn his use of the word "choice" or do you support him in his bigotry?

He was behind the bigoted and insulting language used however when he said he was appauled by it.

Do you condemn his use of the word "choice" or do you support him in his bigotry?

Whether you are straight or gay the decision to get married IS a choice. No one is born to be married. Lots of Gay men CHOOSE to never get married. Smithermans decision to marry his boyfriend can be considered a "lifestyle choice". Nothing to get worked up over.

Its funny that now that the truth is out and we now know that Rob Ford had nothing to do with the Tamil ad the Smitherman camp is now jumping all over Ford for "taking too long" to denounce the ad AND not using strong enough language ("why didn't Ford Condemn the ad? this proves he is a bigot") AND now saying his use of the word "choice" must mean that he really does hate gays after all.

Pathetic!

The globe and mail has article on Tamil-gate
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rom-homophobic-tamil-radio-ad/article1770805/

Of note is the very vile and disgusting insinuation by George Smitherman that Rob Ford - in the absence of any evidence - was somehow behind the ad .

Quote:
“If there was anything that needed to be said about my opponent, I’d say it directly and frontally – not in any backstabbing way that lacked courage,” Mr. Smitherman said while mainstreeting at the Downsview market Sunday. “And it’s just sad to see this kind of distasteful stuff being communicated in a city that has as its motto, ‘Diversity our strength.’”

Smitherman owes Ford an apology but I'm not holding my breath.

If proof was ever needed that Smitherman completely lacks integrity this is it.

Further to my last post note how uneducated Smitherman sounds in his response " I’d say it directly and frontally – not in any backstabbing way" His grade 10 education is showing through.

OK the posts stating the results of a supposed poll gave me a heart attack. I'm a bit confused, but I reckon there is NOT a new (official,legit) poll out today, right?

Back