News   Jul 30, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 668     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

It's kind of funny how people say they're opposing Ford because he is "anti-tax", when it is Smitherman and not Ford who is promising not to raise taxes.
Sort of like the Tea Party supporters who are against Obama for "raising taxes," when the reality is that he lowered taxes for 97% of Americans.

ADAM VAUGHAN ENDORSES SMITHERMAN!!!!!
http://www.thestar.com/news/torontomayoralrace/article/875792--adam-vaughan-backs-smitherman?bn=1
Thank you for being a rational NDPer Adam!
Adam Vaughan has never been associated with the NDP officially. I'd think he has a lot in common with many NDP ideals, but he's not really an "NDP'er" either.

ANOTHER POLL!

Ford: 44%
Smitherman: 38%
Pants: 16%
Undecided: 16%

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/October2010/15/c2819.html

Also interesting however is the question of "If Pants dropped out, who would you vote for?"

Rob Ford - 49%
George Smitherman - 48%
Someone Else - 3%
(Undecided) - (18%)

I am not crazy about these numbers, but the main takeaway of this and the Ipsos poll of the other day is that the race is very, very close. The Forum poll has George 2% out of the margin, after all. Barring a pull-away by George in the last week, this is all going to come down to GOTV and whether soft Pantalone supporters hold their noses. The ground game is a real question mark for me, since it will be a race between a well-oiled Liberal machine and Ford's tea-par tiers, many of whom will show up to volunteer from outside the city (like some of his key staffers...)

Name a greater failure then this:

- flunked high school
- retail clerk
- hard drug user for 5 (read 10) years
- ran Hall's campaign high - first to worst
- Health Minister ridicules elderly, sues autistic parents, massive corruption in eHealth and Cancer Care with no inquiries, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds die as he cannot keep toilets clean.
- Energy Minister ahh, open your bill, nuff said. 40% increase next year McGuilty is hiding.
- Deputy - biggest Provincial deficit in Canadian history as Ontario doubles its debt.

Anyone? Anyone? Go Rob Ford

You did it for us.

Pretty sure he was looking for the comments section of TheStar or Globe and got lost.

If you read an article on a newspaper website and feel an urge to post comments below the article, please end your life.

Ford: 44%
Smitherman: 38%
Pants: 16%
Undecided: 16%

Translated into the actual percentages (including the undecided vote in the total), with the previous poll in parentheses:

Ford: 38% (30% in last poll)
Smitherman: 33% (31%)
Pantalone: 14% (11%)
Rossi: -- (4%)
Undecided: 16% (25%)

(both polls add up to 101% due to rounding errors)

Taking the average of the two polls (with the percentage of decided votes in parentheses):

Ford: 34% (43%)
Smitherman: 32% (40.5%)
Pantalone: 13% (16.5%)

So basically what we expected: If Pants stays in, Ford becomes Mayor. I can't imagine him pulling out now. He's not going to triple his numbers in a week but even the smallest increase will keep him in.

My, i just heard that Pantalone should drop off so Smitherman can accumulate the votes he needs to overtake Ford, how desperate.:rolleyes: I just cant believe that alll of a sudden the lefties are marching to the centre right.. lol lol

Back