News   Jul 30, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 672     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

It's kind of funny how people say they're opposing Ford because he is "anti-tax", when it is Smitherman and not Ford who is promising not to raise taxes.

Haha, ya, it is. Ford's posse of dedicated e-supporters are out in full force. It screams of desperation. They know they've lost moment and their candidate is about to see a huge upset. They're throwing anything they've got at Smitherman. The comments are becoming increasingly absurd.

I know eh. I didn't that many people in in Queensville and King City cared about Toronto!!!

I'm not sure why you would call him a gutless weasel.

I think it takes a lot of integrity and consideration for a candidate to drop it, especially when he is more than financially capable to go all the way, but realised it was a futile attempt. If anyone should drop out now, it should be pantalone. It seems like his supporters are by far the most anti-ford crowd, yet it might be their candidates napoleon complex that keeps him in the race, and gives Rob Ford his Mayoralty
You're right, gutless coward should be reserved for Thomson. Rossi is a super gutless coward for quitting after the Sept.10 cut-off date AND after the advance polls opened, though I'll give him a bit of credit for not orchestrating a sham endorsement of another candidate.

Could be something beyond a Napoleon complex since it's now almost impossible for Joe Pants to retreat from Moscow.

A tax freeze without a spending freeze is insane. If I freeze the revenue coming into my house but don't freeze or reduce my expenses, I'm financially screwed in short order. Tax freezes only work if you first reduce expenditures.

Exactly. That's why Rob Ford's message is not credible. I would be much happier if he came out and said "We are going to cut this" and "We are going to cut that". Shut down social housing and we will be flushed with cash. Neither is Smitherman's message. Only Pantalone is somewhat honest, but then I don't like his message.

You're right, gutless coward should be reserved for Thomson. Rossi is a super gutless coward for quitting after the Sept.10 cut-off date AND after the advance polls opened, though I'll give him a bit of credit for not orchestrating a sham endorsement of another candidate.

Could be something beyond a Napoleon complex since it's now almost impossible for Joe Pants to retreat from Moscow.

what's cowardly/gutless about it? You seem keen to slag but aren't really telling us why. And it's not like their supporters can't still vote for them, they've simply acknowledged that they're not in contention. It'd be no different than the dozens upon dozens of candidates throughout the city who have realized they have no chance of winning and have resigned to the fact that they won't be in Council, only without the heavy media presence.

Can you believe these gutless coward baseball teams that quit before the bottom of the ninth when the home team is ahead? Sure, there's no way you can win, but finish the game!

ADAM VAUGHAN ENDORSES SMITHERMAN!!!!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/torontomayoralrace/article/875792--adam-vaughan-backs-smitherman?bn=1

Thank you for being a rational NDPer Adam!

Wow.. that's big.

My top 3 endorsements that I thought would have a significant effect on the campaign were David Miller, John Tory and Adam Vaughan.

I wouldn't underestimate Miller's effect, even though it only seemed to give Joe a 1% bump initially. The Newstalk1010 poll shows that Miller is still popular, with 60% of Torontonians saying he was a good Mayor. If he continues to be publicly vocal about Pants, his numbers could go up (which isn't the best of news for Smitherman).

Let's see if John Tory comes out in the final week. It should be noted that his sons serve on the Smitherman campaign.

Can you believe these gutless coward baseball teams that quit before the bottom of the ninth when the home team is ahead? Sure, there's no way you can win, but finish the game!

You also need to realize that this poll was the death knell for Rossi's fundraising. Donations had probably already tapered off in the preceding 2 weeks.

Let's see if John Tory comes out in the final week. It should be noted that his sons serve on the Smitherman campaign.

I doubt he'll publicly endorse Smitherman unless polls are still close and/or Ford is polling ahead at the 11th hour.

Back