News   Jul 30, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 672     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I think if just a quarter of his supporters switches to George it will be enough to push him over Ford. I also think more undecideds will go to Smitherman than to Ford given that Ford is a pretty clear cut ideological choice and the decision between Pantalone and Smitherman still has a number in the undecided category.

bigtony, Miller's come from behind election in 2003 was pretty exciting! The 2006 race was pretty boring considering how dull Jane Pitfield was and how Miller kept a nice distance in the polls all along the way.

I spoke with a couple of hard headed Joe supporters today and they're at least thinking about voting to keep Miller's legacy alive through Smitherman. The alternative is Ford. Voting Joe at this point is deliberately allowing Ford to become Mayor and destroying the past 7 years of progressive achievements.

I was at the Smitherman speech at the Toronto Board of Trade today. Wow. He is on message. You can probably find the text online, or maybe it will be posted no YouTube soon.

It's nice to have a candidate who actually answers questions, as opposed to one who delivers the same phrases about gravy trains, over and over.

Check out the Globe's reader comments if you want to get super depressed about the people around you.

"Earlier this year, Ford backtracked after agreeing to debate Smitherman on the radio and his campaign responded by sending a volunteer in a chicken suit to follow Ford around."

LMAO!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I didn't know that! That's gotta be the funniest thing I've read in a political campaign ever!

Check out the Globe's reader comments if you want to get super depressed about the people around you.

Oh, it's not just the Globe...it's every paper, and it's both frightening and hilarious. I'm never not shocked by the sheer volume of overtly homophobic comments. Just try to find a single page-worth without seeing at least one all-caps "FAG", or some mention of a gay agenda.

"Earlier this year, Ford backtracked after agreeing to debate Smitherman on the radio and his campaign responded by sending a volunteer in a chicken suit to follow Ford around."

LMAO!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I didn't know that! That's gotta be the funniest thing I've read in a political campaign ever!

Would you still find it funny if Ford sent a chicken suit after Smitherman ran away from a debate because a woman questioned him about the ehealth scandal? (Of course, being George, he claims that he only allocated 15 minutes for the debate anyway).

The weird thing about this campaign is that neither candidate command much genuine supports. Ford is leading mostly because he is not Miller. George Smitherman is leading mostly because he is not Ford.

Nicely encapsulated in a nutshell.

The weird thing about this campaign is that neither candidate command much genuine supports. Ford is leading mostly because he is not Miller. George Smitherman is leading mostly because he is not Ford.

Thank you.

Would you still find it funny if Ford sent a chicken suit after Smitherman ran away from a debate because a woman questioned him about the ehealth scandal? (Of course, being George, he claims that he only allocated 15 minutes for the debate anyway).

And of course you conveniently omit that the moderator of the event told the audience before hand that Smitherman would only be there for 15 minutes, even before he arrived.

And of course you conveniently omit that the moderator of the event told the audience before hand that Smitherman would only be there for 15 minutes, even before he arrived.

As I said, being George, he claimed he only allocated 15 minutes for the debate because for some reason, he thought 15 minutes was enough for a debate and he had a more important fund raiser he had to go to. The debate itself didn't even start before he left. Of course, we are sure the woman was a "devoted" Ford "Fanatic", so no harm done.

The woman wasn't even really asking about eHealth. She was trying to get him to answer questions about a specific hospital stay that involved a relative. There wasn't really much he could say.

And I honestly don't know how someone who's been paying attention to this election could say Smitherman has dodged questions about eHealth. He addresses it every debate. Again and again and again.

As I said, being George, he claimed he only allocated 15 minutes for the debate because for some reason, he thought 15 minutes was enough for a debate and he had a more important fund raiser he had to go to. The debate itself didn't even start before he left. Of course, we are sure the woman was a "devoted" Ford "Fanatic", so no harm done.

Stop doding your original claim which I already debunked. He advised ahead of his arrival that he would be there for 15 minutes. He was, and that woman took up all his time. He didn't run away from anybody.

If we're going to talk about debates that candidates had to miss because of other commitments, Ford is as guilty. By election day, the candidates will have participated in over 100 debates. I don't think we can accuse any of them of not debating.

That said, Ford is clearly dodging the one on one debate that he promised to hold. That's the definition of "chicken". You challenge somebody and then when they accept, they get scared and run away from the challenge. That's being a chicken. Voters deserve to see the contrast between the 2 front runners.

The woman wasn't even really asking about eHealth. She was trying to get him to answer questions about a specific hospital stay that involved a relative. There wasn't really much he could say.

Oh, really? Then I stand corrected. 680 news said it was about eHealth. Apparently, I wasn't there.

And I honestly don't know how someone who's been paying attention to this election could say Smitherman has dodged questions about eHealth. He addresses it every debate. Again and again and again.

And how did he address it exactly? Did he acknowledge that he was utterly incompetent and should have resigned instead of letting a colleague taking the fall for him? I am sorry, making up excuses does not count as "address" to me.

Back