News   Jun 26, 2024
 136     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 283     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.9K     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Karen Stintz: I won't jump back into mayoral race (National Post)

That's one piece of good news. It looks like Minzal-Wong is the last possible contender from the Responsible Government Group.

RGG are nothing but a joke! They hardly stood united at City Council and their young big guns (i.e. Thompson and Stintz) do not even want to run for Mayor. It does not matter anyway, as Toronto will vote Liberal or NDP for mayor!

RE: Rob Ford.

How entertaining. I think I'll send him an e-mail today encouraging him to run. His campaign will be guaranteed to be highly amusing.
`

Last edited:
I called Ford's office today to offer my support and encourage him to run for mayor. I fully support Ford running for mayor and once he does, I will do everything I can to make sure he loses. Evil? :D Maybe. lol One less right wing nut-job to have to put up with. lol

I guess on a more serious note (sorry) I am glad that John Tory is such a graceful guy. He's not a politician (hence I would not have supported him as mayor) but he's a true Torontonian and he's going to stay involved, taking David Pecaut's place at TCSA and so on.

In fact, I hope David Miller stays active in Toronto affairs too.

I guess on a more serious note (sorry) I am glad that John Tory is such a graceful guy. He's not a politician (hence I would not have supported him as mayor) but he's a true Torontonian and he's going to stay involved, taking David Pecaut's place at TCSA and so on.

In fact, I hope David Miller stays active in Toronto affairs too.
I'm glad to see both out myself.

BTW, I'm not sure how Tory comes across as graceful. His whole faith-based education fiasco made many I know think of him as a bumbling fool.

As for Rob Ford, I'd be shocked if a significant portion of the population took him seriously. For his sake I'm hoping he's not actually stupid enough to run. However, it seems from his statements he is stupid enough...

In any case, it seems like it's Smitherman's race to lose.

I think Tory is an honest guy, but fairly clueless. Even with this decision, he's left a number of potential right-of-centre mayoral candidates likely privately pissed off. Could he not have mentioned that he wasn't going to run in, say, November?

I think Tory is an honest guy, but fairly clueless. Even with this decision, he's left a number of potential right-of-centre mayoral candidates likely privately pissed off. Could he not have mentioned that he wasn't going to run in, say, November?

Rossi hadn't announced in November.

Is it just me, or do some of these candidates sound like names from the Godfather? No, no, Italians are mobbed up, but the names remind me of the movie.

I can picture it now, Pantalone hands Giambrone a fish wrapped in newspaper, Pantalone says what's this, Giambrone says it's message, that Rocco Rossi sleeps with the fishes. Meanwhile, Smitherman, the Jewish, former coke-addicted downtown boss makes his move. Now we just need a role for Pitfield and an Irish cop and we've got the makings of a movie.

Okay, no more rum in my Friday night apple cider :)

Is it just me, or do some of these candidates sound like names from the Godfather? No, no, Italians are mobbed up, but the names remind me of the movie.

I can picture it now, Pantalone hands Giambrone a fish wrapped in newspaper, Pantalone says what's this, Giambrone says it's message, that Rocco Rossi sleeps with the fishes. Meanwhile, Smitherman, the Jewish, former coke-addicted downtown boss makes his move. Now we just need a role for Pitfield and an Irish cop and we've got the makings of a movie.

Okay, no more rum in my Friday night apple cider :)

That's sexist.

Now here is a guy i would like to see out of the Toronto political scene...Good Luck Joe.:rolleyes:

City Councillor Joe Pantalone To Run For Mayor

There’s another candidate on the ballot for the city’s top job: councillor Joe Pantalone will run for mayor.

The longtime public servant – and current deputy mayor – will file his papers on Wednesday, joining fellow councillor Giorgio Mammoliti.

MPP George Smitherman and Liberal fundraiser Rocco Rossi have also tossed their hats into the ring for Toronto’s top job.

Pantalone was first elected in 1980 and currently represents Ward 19, one of two wards in Trinity-Spadina.

great comment from csgs....
I can't help but notice this is a lot like some Vegas mobster movie with the Italians and the Jews fighting for control of the city. The movie stars Joey "the Pants" Pantalone, "Big Mammi" Giorgo Mammoliti, Rocco "the Red Rock" Rossi and George "the openly gay Jewish guy" Smitherman. But seriously, this isn't funny any more. Can a viable candidate please throw his/her name in the hat/ Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Shelley Carroll is not running for mayor
Posted: January 12, 2010, 11:56 AM by Natalie Alcoba
Hall Monitor, city council, City of Toronto

Budget Chief Shelley Carroll ended speculation today by saying she will run for a council seat again, and not Toronto mayor.

Ms. Carroll, who is running again in Ward 33 (Don Valley East), said she was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for a mayoral run but said she ultimately decided she could not allow a campaign to distract her from delivering a balanced budget.

"I want to be clear, I care very deeply about this city," she told reporters this morning. "I've come to the conclusion that in 2010, this city will need not just a good mayor but a very strong and good council ready to work." She said there are not enough cuts to make, there are not enough assets to sell, but "we must fix this structural deficit."

"We need to be straight with people, now and in the future, about how difficult that task will be and we must work together to fix it," said Ms. Carroll. She said she has not decided who or if she will endorse any of the other candidates, which so far include former deputy premier George Smitherman, former Liberal strategist Rocco Rossi and councillor Giorgio Mammoliti. Deputy Mayor Joe Pantalone is expected to sign up this week. TTC chair Adam Giambrone is considering a run, along with councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong.

Back