News   Apr 26, 2024
 525     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 210     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 693     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Wow just hit me: Goodbye Waterfront Toronto, Goodbye Nathan Philips Square Revitalization, Goodbye Transit City!

Shelley Carroll 2014!

Sheesh you guys are getting a little worked up ... the sky won't fall ... relax!

Just sit down and enjoy the ride.

Nah, I think the councillors elected are not that right wing and will help to buffer Rob Ford's ideas. At least that it my hope.

Interesting to watch the rest of the numbers come in. Ford is at 48.3% vs Pantalone & Smitherman at a combined 46.1%. Maybe we'll still get to blame Joe supporters in the end.

Wow just hit me: Goodbye Waterfront Toronto, Goodbye Nathan Philips Square Revitalization, Goodbye Transit City!

Shelley Carroll 2014!

Waterfront : Wrong...Federal funds, I doubt he'll pull out of this one
Nathan Philips : Right, and he will
Transit City: Good ridance and finally a Complete Sheppard Subway

Paula Fletcher wins in a squeaker. Much closer than I thought.

Bussin will be collecting her pension tomorrow at 9:00 am.

Adam Vaughan in a landslide. Leader of the opposition, anyone?

I think this is a backlash vote. ie. One might argue that Miller is responsible for Ford's election. ;)

Personally I suspect Smitherman will win, but won't rule out a Ford victory. Mind you if there were no Pantalone, I suspect Smitherman would almost have a lock on the win.
Well Eug, wrong on both counts (at least so far). :eek:

I noticed a Mel Lastmen comparison above ... a few points regarding that.

Mel was (and will be) much more embarrassing then Rob will ever be.

But there's one thing Mel had that I'm not sure Rob does - there's been very little indication of it ... Mel was passionate about the city - is Ford, I'm not sure just yet.

They're similar on many other fronts btw ... conservative / cut costs ... although I think I'll give Ford the edge in the brightness category - his tax freeze for 3 years had dire consequences.
That was me. I agree, Mel probably dominates in the embarrassment factor. We shall see. Ford has already proved me wrong twice today.

Yep, homophobia does seem to be rearing it's ugly head in Toronto. I've never had a complete stranger just start talking to me about not accepting homosexuals but it happened to me a few days ago. When I told her I was gay, she shut up. Coincidence?
Heh. That's hilarious. :)

Maybe we will get the subways after all.
Actually, that would be nice. However, who here actually thinks Ford could accomplish this?

Then again, most of us didn't think Ford would get elected either...

Last edited:
What a terrible night to be a Torontonian. Time to fire up The Wire DVDs, open up a bottle of Jamesons and pretend I live in Baltimore.

Back