News   May 07, 2024
 74     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 683     3 
News   May 07, 2024
 459     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

wow.. I think Layton and McCormick completely underestimated the apathy of voters. Nobody actually goes to councillor candidate debates or does any research. I'm talking to some people in my building and the only candidate they've seen or heard of is Karen Sun... because she's the only candidate to have canvassed this building... so they voted for her.

It's the densest dwelling of Trinity-Spadina on Queen West. Why the heck would you leave it out?

Omg, RF just called again! If he calls again, I'm charging him!

Ya I've been getting endless calls and even a text this morning from Ford's campaign. I'm SO PISSED! This is harrassment, and I would never sign up for anything Ford-related. I wanna call the campaign office and tell them to F off!

This entire election has defied common sense...

I'm happy to say that I'm now living in Ottawa, where I just voted for Jim Watson. I'm happy to have had at least one competent choice in the mayoral pool.

What do the polls say as to O'Brien's chance at winning again?

Speaking of homophobia, I just had some guy I went to highschool with message me on facebook with the following message - http://gyazo.com/dcd348b9c9c9e53f6c4ead037f3ede9c.png
That devolved into a half-hour argument where I argued on Ford's disastrous policies, he rebutted in turn with some very weak arguments until eventually admitting that the only reason he is going to vote for Ford is because "Smitherman is a faggot" and his traditional values dictate that he can never vote for someone that is gay.

This election is really bring out the best of Toronto....

wow.. I think Layton and McCormick completely underestimated the apathy of voters. Nobody actually goes to councillor candidate debates or does any research. I'm talking to some people in my building and the only candidate they've seen or heard of is Karen Sun... because she's the only candidate to have canvassed this building... so they voted for her.

It's the densest dwelling of Trinity-Spadina on Queen West. Why the heck would you leave it out?
Karen Sun canvassed my building -- twice -- and we're not even in her ward. Not sure what that's about.

Just got back from the polls. It's busy!

A couple of UT members and I are going to be distributing this flyer all over the city. We could use your help in getting it as widespread as possible before Monday.

In recent polls, it was shown that Transit is still the most important issue to people.

When we pit transit plans by Ford VS Smitherman, most people don't hesitate and choose Smitherman's. I've found showing this to undecided voters to be very effective.

Toronto_Transit_2020.jpg

Click here to get the Hi-Res PDF. - http://www.litterbusters.com/Toronto_Transit_2020.pdf.

Please pass it on.

Not trying to bash Smitherman but I have questions on this. I thought the Yonge line extension was lready in progress heading towards Vaughn corporate center with about 6 new stations. Why on Smithermans transit map does it have 9 new stations with the terminus at York U? Also, will the Air Rail link be a subway, contracted by GO or some sort of new train using existing rails by the TTC? Also, is the Sherway Gardens extension worth it?

I really doubt we will be pleasantly surprised tonight. I'm just trying to get you emotionally ready for the inevitable. Scarborough/Etobicoke is going to be like 100% Ford and then he will even steal lots of votes in ridings that he loses. Add to that the number of Pantalone voters that won't switch and I find it very hard to believe that Ford won't win this.
I don't want him to win. I'm just being realistic.
Personally I suspect Smitherman will win, but won't rule out a Ford victory. Mind you if there were no Pantalone, I suspect Smitherman would almost have a lock on the win.

P.S. I live in Scarborough. Lots of Ford signs here, but lots of Smitherman signs too, and occasional Pantalone signs. And for a while, a few Rocco Rossi signs too. :p

Is there any hint as to what wards will have numbers coming in first? Historically, are there certain wards or areas (downtown vs. burbs) where poll numbers come in before others? I don't want to have a heart attack if Ford is leading by 97% yet only NW Etobicoke has come in.

Last edited:
Colvis, I'm not familiar with the the specifics of the York line so I can't speak to your questions on that. The Rail Link will be a special express train line, independent from public transit. I'll interface with the Eglinton line though.

I don't think that Sherway Gardens is a priority but it will be useful to connect to Mississauga City Centre at some point in the (distant) future. The goal is to eventually have a full loop with the Eglinton line via the airport. This builds towards it, takes the subway to the city limits and hands the torch to Mississauga to do their part.

Mississauga is more likely to build a subway if the connection is there waiting.

Thanks Fac1. I think I'm just gonna stay home. Better to cry by myself.

So are there any exit polls your basing this crying on ? : ) Or just speculation at this point.

So are there any exit polls your basing this crying on ? : ) Or just speculation at this point.

Just the mood out there. In all my calls to friends today, many of them were still voting for Pantalone. The Ford voters wouldn't admit it (except for the one who didn't want a Jewish Mayor who isn't even Jewish but has a name that sounds like one "Smitherman).

We gotta face the facts. Ford was ahead in every single poll until recently where one of them put him 1% behind, well within the margin of error. Smitherman's only hope is that enough Pantalone voters change their minds in the booth.

I see you've finally accepted it.

I always had but I've been holding out hope that Pantalone supporters would change their minds. According to Twitter and my Pants friends, they haven't.

Back