News   May 07, 2024
 357     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 339     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 317     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

hmm looks like Pantalone + Smitherman just could of eeked past ford... or alteast thrown us into a month long recount process.

Mel wasn't hateful. He respected the gay community and even marched in the pride parade. Who wants to take bets Rob wont show up? Mel might of been intellectually weak and a bit unsophisticated but he wasn't racist, mean-spirited or vindictive. Mel also made his wealth on his own. He did not come from money, he accomplished that on his own. That makes a big difference.

Honestly, Mel made one joke. It was 10 years ago guys.

Ah ward 25! Jaye one ... that's good! : ) - she started Nuite Blance and the like ... took out whatever the old guy was. Perfect!

I think this is a backlash vote. ie. One might argue that Miller is responsible for Ford's election. ;)

Well Eug, wrong on both counts (at least so far). :eek:

That was me. I agree, Mel probably dominates in the embarrassment factor. We shall see. Ford has already proved me wrong twice today.

Heh. That's hilarious. :)

Actually, that would be nice. However, who here actually thinks Ford could accomplish this?

Then again, most of us didn't think Ford would get elected either...

IMO there are now enough people on council to make it happen.

Absolutely shocking: but the best campaign won.

And unfortunately, the Ford Brothers city council is going to be engaged in 4 years of self-immolation. Toronto's urban renaissance is definitely over.

Absolutely shocking: but the best campaign won.

And unfortunately, the Ford Brothers city council is going to be engaged in 4 years of self-immolation. Toronto's urban renaissance is definitely over.

This makes no sense ...

Miller did nothing for the hundreds of Condos downtown ... he did little for downtown period if you stop and think about it - less the waterfront (and that wasn't his doing, he just joined the ride).

All of this is private / corporate growth - what the heck does Miller have to do with anything. And I'm sure Ford likes this sort of thing, anything to bring in more money.

Back