News   Mar 28, 2024
 183     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Furthermore, TH really didn't need two locations, did they? Can they expand their still-open location so that it's not crazy?

Both locations always had lineups so I think the demand was there. There aren't any open spaces next to the remaining location so I can't see it expanding any time soon. It might get pretty crazy over there and any long lineups will cause problems as there is also a seating area that squeezes people to either side of the hall.

Perhaps they plan to open a second outlet somewhere upstairs? (Not that any location stands out.)

New Apple store at Square One opening in August:

5816_113998191598_81437751598_2721448_5266109_n.jpg

Source

Burberry Opens at Yorkdale this Friday, It's on the Yorkdale website and everything. I didn't know Burberry was opening a Yorkdale Location, but its just down the hall from Holt Renfrew, a Few doors down from Tiffany's, Coach, Pottery Barn, Michael Kors, and Aritzia, So I guess it makes sense.

I'm excited for This established international brand to now have a presence in Toronto, just a little bit dissapointed that a mall in the burb's is its first location before Yorkville... but still excited for both locations to open!

Went to Vaughan Mills today, I will just point out things I noticed...

Coming Soon
- Victoria's Secret Pink
- Forever XXI
- Bath and Body Works
- River Island
- Safari Pet Centre
- Pickle Barrel
- Disney Store (relocating)

I hope River Island is the same brand that operates in England, that would cause me to make the trip up to Vaughn again despite continually being disappointed by this mall...

I took a look at River Island's website. Looks like nice stuff. I wonder when they'll open at Eaton Centre, Square One, Yorkdale et al.

I hope River Island is the same brand that operates in England, that would cause me to make the trip up to Vaughn again despite continually being disappointed by this mall...

Wow, I didn't realize they were coming to Canada. According to the Vaughan Mills Website, it is indeed the 'real' River Island. That would make this their first foray into North America.

From the Vaughan Mills site: "With over 250 stores and 50 years of fashion retailing experience, River Island is one of the largest and most successful privately owned companies. They design nearly everything they sell to ensure that their products have a unique appeal. They're fashionable, focused and work hard to stay at the top of the high street."

Does anyone know what the quality of River Island is like? Judging by the prices I am going to assume it is better quality than HM, more around Urban Outfitters?

Definitely better than H&M, but not top-quality by any stretch. I have a jacket and shirt that are still doing fine nearly 10 years on, and a pair of shoes nearly that old (they don't come out much).

Being a brit and all, i can safely give you a quick store scale in terms of quality:

1) Urban Outfitters
2) River Island
3) H&M

Its definately NOT on a par with Urban Outfitters!

As for style? Swap River Island and H&M around...River Island ain't bad, but you get the feeling you're almost certain to see someone else wearing what your wearing...I don't get that feeling with Urban Outfitters. H&M is generally more to the unbranded end of things, so it doesn't matter so much.

Went to Square One today. Pink is right beside Sears on the upper level.

I was disappointed with Bench. They only had 2 styles of jeans, and they were both $95.00 The store is small, and the mens section is only like 1/3 of the store. I actually talked to an employee there and discussed my disappointment.

To be fair khris the Eaton Centre Bench isn't exactly huge either, but it is bigger.

Back