News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 452     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Softmoc has re-opened at Square One:

16034_165929756598_81437751598_3281824_6054231_n.jpg

New Square One Grocery Store and Retail Expansion

Square One North-East Parking Lot Expansion:

Phase 1:
24,000 sq.ft Crate and Barrel with entrance facing intersection of Rathburn and City Centre Drive

Phase 2:
40,000 grocery store along NEW Hammerson Drive
8,0000 sq.ft restaurant along City Centre Drive
5,000 sq.ft multi tenant building along realigned Square One Drive
5,050 sq.ft multi tenant building along realigned Square One Drive

http://www5.mississauga.ca/agendas/planning/2009/10_19_09/Item04HOZ09002W4StatRpt.pdf

Louroz

Bath & Body Works is opening at First Canadian Place, just a few doors away from Fruits & Passions. The FCP Market is also undergoing renovations. The Kitchen Table is currently boarded up.

Thanks for the link Louroz. Here's the site plan cut from the PDF:

4051620879_f4c8fb3e48_o.jpg

which very roughly follows this map:
2259848074_7b69b02230_o.jpg

I'd rather see all these stores incorporated into the high density developments around Square One as opposed to building single storey, single use buildings in the parking lots.

This is such awesome news! I like that the entrance to the Crate & Barrell is going to be on the street, instead of in the back with the parking. I hope that the grocery store will be the same way.
I am seriously looking very forward to City Centre having it's first grocery store. I'm tired of Metro in Iona Plaza and it's horrible service. I'd like to see Shoppers Drug Mart move out of the mall and into the exterior, so that it isn't closed when the mall is closed.

I'd rather see all these stores incorporated into the high density developments around Square One as opposed to building single storey, single use buildings in the parking lots.

Remember Parkside Village is still not even under construction, never mind the many years before it's completed. I'd say most of these retail spots are "temporary" over the long term.

Bath & Body Works is opening at First Canadian Place, just a few doors away from Fruits & Passions. The FCP Market is also undergoing renovations. The Kitchen Table is currently boarded up.

Kitchen Table has closed and a Longos Market will occupy the space in the future. Probably the same type as the one in the Brookfield Place concourse.

Thanks for the report, Louroz (I like the snazzy new PDF format they used for this one, too). The return of a grocery store to the area is great news. I guess that means the Walmart will never become a full Supercentre (which is fine - it wouldn't really 'work' as a part of the mall anyway).

These streetfront orientations and entrance might be token gestures, but I like them. Hopefully Square One improves the connection between the mall and this development (a nice tree-lined walkway would be good). Currently, there is no way to get to the Square One Drive retail from the mall without walking on the road or through parking lots.

Crate and Barrel always build impressive stores, so this is the right retailer for a corner like that.

Kitchen Table has closed and a Longos Market will occupy the space in the future. Probably the same type as the one in the Brookfield Place concourse.

That's too bad - Kitchen Table has had some excellent reduced prices on their food over the past several months ( I stocked up on their 99 cent 100g 72% dark chocolate bars in May and they saw me through to August ... ) but the Longos in Brookfield doesn't do bargains - just lots of red signs designed to give the impression that they do.

Thanks for the report, Louroz (I like the snazzy new PDF format they used for this one, too). The return of a grocery store to the area is great news. I guess that means the Walmart will never become a full Supercentre (which is fine - it wouldn't really 'work' as a part of the mall anyway).

These streetfront orientations and entrance might be token gestures, but I like them. Hopefully Square One improves the connection between the mall and this development (a nice tree-lined walkway would be good). Currently, there is no way to get to the Square One Drive retail from the mall without walking on the road or through parking lots.

Crate and Barrel always build impressive stores, so this is the right retailer for a corner like that.

Though as the Square One Dr. retail continues to move west, it will eventually meet up with the Zellers entrance and CCTT.

Re: 40,000 square foot supermarket.

Whole Foods Market was once rumoured for the MCC and the Whole Foods Market in Oakville is 44,000 square feet.

Hmmm....

I'd rather it wasn't a whole foods. I want a proper grocery store that sells regular stuff, considering City Centre doesn't have a regular store, it should at least have one before a specialty store. I'm hoping for a Sobeys or IGA.

I'd rather have a Loblaws. There aren't any near MCC. Loblaws would be perfect for MCC.

What I'm glad to see in the map is that the realignment of Square One Dr. is continuing. I thought they were going to leave that jog there.

I'd rather see Loblaws too, but 40,000 sq. ft. is not going to be a Loblaws, unless they're going to launch some sort of new urban format like other grocers.

Back