News   Jul 09, 2024
 169     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 435     0 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Sherway Gardens - Spring 2011

-Juicy Couture
-Victoria's Seceret
-Pink
-Stuart Weitzman
-Little Burgundy
-Lego
-Le Creuset

Lego store? Really?

So what retailers is Sherway losing to fill these ones in? VS and Pink aren't small stores.

i have no idea but im guessing gap only bc i have no other guesses or eddie bauer because arent they going down the drain? and lego is cool though I think it has the potential to do well or similar to the disney store...???

i have no idea but im guessing gap only bc i have no other guesses or eddie bauer because arent they going down the drain? and lego is cool though I think it has the potential to do well or similar to the disney store...???

As blah as Gap is, I don't see them closing a store in a high profile mall like Sherway (they just opened a Gap and BR outlet at Heartland).
Eddie Bauer, well, I thought they had left Square One until they reopened across from their old store. So they may be staying put as well.

I do know Jacob is doing pretty badly though. They left Erin Mills earlier this year. I could see their Sherway location closing too.

Hey maybe Sherway will start that long talked about second floor addition? Then they could finally fit in an H&M store.

I think a few pages back there was a source who wrote about Yorkdale expansion. I wonder where that sits now?
Don't know much about Sherway, or where an expansion (keeping a single floor configuration) would be. I wonder what will ever become of the former Sears parking lot that once was to be a Whole Foods...

so for sherway im guessing the jacob stores in the mall will be closing and also that laura coats store looks pretty temporary so that will close too making room for maybe 4 stores total?

They've stated in their news releases that they don't plan to shut any stores during reorganization, though I'm not sure how much sense it is to have two stores in malls like Sherway and Yorkdale.

Back