News   Apr 25, 2024
 361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

New Urban Toronto - Post Your Comments Here

It's much easier to tell the difference between read/unread threads but I think the "read" blue is still a tad too light.

I think you narrowed the forum in response to complaints that people were experiencing unnecessary scrolling. Now on the index page the last page in the row of pages to click is often obscured by the tag and attachment icons. This means I am unable to click on the last page that contains the comments that are new to me. I don't know why the the forum needs to be a fixed width, except to perhaps maintain some order with the ads at the top. It would work better for everyone if set as a percentage of screen width with margins.

bad bad bad. fixed widths = bad.

now on my monitor at home, the forum is shrunk into a tiny section in the middle of the page (width-wise), and surrounded by wasted white space.

and to make matters worse, it auto-shrinks pictures into the tiny horizontal space that is now available, so we only get to see tiny scaled-down versions of pictures that people post, even though there is more than enough space to show the whole thing.

fixed widths for forums is just a bad idea and very frowned upon. just make the forum width 100% and everything is solved... for people of all screen resolutions.

Thanks Mods for doing whatever you did to help this tech challenged member out. I can now view posts without having to scroll back and forth. I really appreciate it!

the quick reply is trying to post twice at random times. Its happened about 5-6 times since the transition. It seems its getting stuck when this happens....

Sometimes when I post a reply (but not always) I get a message saying I cannot post more often than 30 seconds and to "try again". If I try again there are duplicate posts, if I ignore the message and do nothng there is one. I see more duplicate posts of late so I am probably not the only person to experience this.

Ed,
I think that there has been too much of jump in advertising space/quantity at the top of the forum pages. I can't even see named threads anymore when I bring up the site and have to scroll down to see the first thread. A little too much.
S'Bus

Is there further work being done or should we assume that the site is no longer mobile friendly? (There used to be a link that displayed the site in plain text which was extremely efficient and that has been since gone... and I am aware of the Quick style drop down menu mobile option, that isn't quite functional).

Last edited:
A minor problem for me. The board links at the top and the Facebook, Twitter, etc. links beside them are shifted under the top ad. It sometimes gets blocked by it. The third large ad is also shifted below the first one. Screenshot:

ut.jpg

Attachments

• ut.jpg
    ut.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 300

Back