News   Apr 23, 2024
 767     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 414     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

New Urban Toronto - Post Your Comments Here

Finding new thread-title font colour really hard to read

Hey, great job on the forum so far, but I find that light blue on light grey is really hard on my eyes. Any chance we could have dark red or dark blue at least?

Right now it's causing me a bit of a headache! Anyone else has this problem?

I was coming on here to comment the same exact thing! It's very difficult to distinguish between the two.

If we have issues or questions regarding the new site - which is looking generally amazing by the way - is this the place to ask them?

Assuming you are going to be saying 'yes', I wanted to ask about posting comments on the 'news' page. It asks for a login, but I'm already logged in to the site. It doesn't accept my username and password. Do I need a new username and password just for the disqus commenting? Is there some way to make it recognize the forum login?

Thanks!

Good design choices overall

I do, however, agree with the fact that the font-color choice is too light. Something that has a greater degree of contrast with the background would be better.

I would say that this criticism applies to the overall design as well. The light blue on light grey on white background does not create enough contrast overall, which makes the new design look less sharp than the old design. I would suggest choosing a different background color besides white.

For readability purposes, I would suggest using a font what has larger letter widths. The letter spacing/kerning is fine, but the narrow and tall nature of the characters give the text a very "vertical" orientation. Since we read in a horizontal fashion, the "vertical" thrust of the text affects readability.

Otherwise, good work! Cheers

Last edited:
New forum - bad

I don't really see any 'improvements' in the new forum. However there are some glaring negative issues:

- The font colours are horrendous and very hard to read
- Horizontal scroll bar is present on every page and thread unless i maximize my browser

the light blue front is a horrible. I have never seen such a light colour used for fonts before.

Probably the worst colour to use for a front. I can barley read it on my net book.

Back