News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.3K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.1K     1 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 698     0 

New Toronto Brand: "City of Unlimited Possibilities&quo

Re: New Toronto Brand: "City of Unlimited Possibilities

Last time I checked...didn't Toronto spend about twenty years as a model of progressive planning "worldwide"? City that works and all that?

The author of this piece seems to think that the history of modern planning started with Vancouver...

Calgary architect Marc Boutin described the new downtown Vancouverites as totally immersed in this promotional oversell, lost souls trying to find themselves through the self-congratulatory latte-and-rollerblade lifestyle they have bought into.

:rollin

I'll be heading to Vancouver in a few weeks and am very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for the article, Alvin. It was a reminder for me to check out the other online articles from the most recent issue of Canadian Architect... and whaddaya know, it's a special all-Vancouver issue. I have no problems with the "Vancouverism"... I think given its recent success it has the right to boast. My question is how this first person plural boast has made its way into the top national architectural magazine, which is based here in Toronto (another question would be when CA would do an all-Toronto issue).

Back