New Torch Retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Spotted today:

Torch.jpg

I wonder if this really means anything though.

Since the owners are obviously finding this space hard to market, this may be their effort to make it more appealing to a broader range of users. It doesn't necessarily mean that an occupant has been found.

Since the owners are obviously finding this space hard to market, this may be their effort to make it more appealing to a broader range of users. It doesn't necessarily mean that an occupant has been found.

I would guess that you are right.

Given that the sign atop the torch is still (as of 8:40 am this morning) advertising what a great space it would be to rent, I don't think they've found a tennant yet.

One thing they should plan to do is take down those five identical suspended signs telling vehicles not to enter that little streetcar cut-through at Torch. One would suffice, people get the point.

Retail Stores and offices? EW EW EWW EWWW.

Seriously, WHO WILL SHOP THERE? There's a big gigantic Eaton's just right there.

I think it will become some dollar shops, yuck.

Music HoF should locate there, or maybe a tv station....but then of course, that's too good to be true.

One thing they should plan to do is take down those five identical suspended signs telling vehicles not to enter that little streetcar cut-through at Torch. One would suffice, people get the point.

Indeed. I never could understand why so many of them were used here in the first place... where they trying to cover every conceivable angle from which one might approach that cut-through, to make sure they couldn't be missed by those with tunnel vision?

When I read the title of this thread, my first thought was "fire."

I heard through the grapevine tonight about one of the tenants being google.

this could be great news as far as the backlit billboards are concerned

I was at the Just For Laughs outdoor shows tonight (comedy wasn't that great but the shows afterwards were), and on The Torch LCD, it kept running an ad for itself - "This Building Is Up For Lease" - then listed the traffic the area receives, contact info, etc. Looks like they're still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back