News   May 06, 2024
 338     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 919     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 637     1 

New look for the Victoria Park subway station (Brown and Storey)

Just for everyone's information, the Architects of record and design is Stevens Group Architects not Brown and Storey.

This isn't about the VP Modernization but I saw lots of polic and ambulances at the station today just after 5. My bus got through but I watched on the news and they reported that there was a shooting at this station this afternoon. Hope this area stays safe because I have never had a problem there so far and I have been in this city for almost 5 yrs now.

As well as the north-south indoor waiting area for the 12 buses and 67 buses (and the 24A bus) that they talked about in the Transit City Bus Plan I wish they would put some washrooms in this station as well. I even saw somebody else mark washrooms on the plans they have posted on the wall inside this station.

I was on the 324 night time bus this morning on my way home and I saw workers at the VP Station area removing the cement baricade and fencing; it looks like that the former crowded temporary sidwalk on the street is gone and the new wider sidewalk is ready to be used next to the parking lot/taxi stand. Hopefully they get the taxi stand up and running soon so the taxis can get of Victoria Park Ave. itself.

[video=youtube;jWGcqaEOKE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGcqaEOKE8[/video][video=youtube;hsc8_LxCU1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsc8_LxCU1E[/video]l

Last edited:
From this morning...

Attachments

• DSC01681.jpg
    DSC01681.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC01682.jpg
    DSC01682.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 243
I was told the automatic entrance on the Westbound train platform has opened up. It is at the very east end of the west bound subway platform. I am going to check it out on my commute this morning.

Correction, I went by today to Victoria Park Station after work and checked out to the subway platform entrance from Teesdale apartments area and it isn't ready yet! My friend had given me the wrong info.- sorry to report on it. They were doing a lot of work on it though and the ramp is done and I think they just have to make a wall and an automatic door installed still.

I was told the automatic entrance on the Westbound train platform has opened up. It is at the very east end of the west bound subway platform. I am going to check it out on my commute this morning.

Look at my video and you will see the entrance is months away from opening up. Nov should be the opening date.

A lot of the parking lot is nearing complete and the sidwalk along Denton Ave is complete. I think the taxi stand is going to be used soon in the parking lot instead of where they park now.

Sat visit
[video=youtube;yU9Qx6cAa8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU9Qx6cAa8o[/video]

Thanks for the video, looks great. This station has improved tenfold already and the reno isn't even complete yet.

One thing I wish they would have done is what they recommended in the 'Transit City Bus Plan' document and that is have a bit of an extension of the indoor waiting area so that we commuters who use the 24A, 12 buses (my bus) and 67 buses had an indoor waiting area like the 24 buses have. This would make our waiting for our tranfers a bit more comfortable. I read that the funding for the 'Transit City Bus Plan' fell through though unfortunately.

I would have like them to have a washroom at the newly renovated station as well but they didn't add that even though I sent them a number of emails since this project was announced a few years ago.

I hope they have some kind of enclosed place cyclist can store their bikes at, so that it would promote more people to cylcle to a station.

One thing I wish they would have done is what they recommended in the 'Transit City Bus Plan' document and that is have a bit of an extension of the indoor waiting area so that we commuters who use the 24A, 12 buses (my bus) and 67 buses had an indoor waiting area like the 24 buses have.
As far as I can tell, the current (new) indoor area is quite spacious, and overlooks all the bus bays. There should be plenty of time to get from there to the bus bay when you see the buses approaching the station.

Am I missing something; I only use the 24 occasionally, so perhaps there is a subtlety here that isn't apparent to me.

^The indoor waiting area for the north/south portion of the bus platform is in the document I mentioned called "Transit City Bus Plan".

Back