News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 804     0 

New CBC documentary: Let's All Hate Toronto

At work in Niagara tonight, with me tired and therefore slightly more irritable and willing to persue things I would normally ignore [paraphrased]...

Customer: Is the tap water OK to drink here in Niagara?
Me: Well, yeah. I mean, uhhh... where isn't it OK to drink the tapwater?
Customer: Well, I come from London*...
Me: Oh, you mean this lead in the water issue?
Customer: No. You know, some places the tap water just isn't OK.
Me: Oh, where? I mean, I think I should know so I can play it safe.
Customer: Well... you know... Toronto.

In Canada you don't need to back up your assertions, just blame Toronto! 99% of the time people will just nod their heads and understand how everything is crappier in Toronto!

*Ontario

Yes, well if it isn't the water it's all that rampant wild uncontrolled Toronto crime and gun violence spilling over into everywhere (or just off the newspaper pages).

Oh, that's priceless, CDL. Please tell me you set her straight... and please, more hilarious Sun excerpts!

Naw, you can only take these things so far and I don't feel like getting in trouble at work. But it was obvious that she had clued in that she wasn't quite sure what she was talking about.

As for the Sun, I continue to read the letters every day and there's been nothing TO-related worth posting for a long time now. If I were to post everything hilariously stupid from the Sun... well, that would just take far too much time.

Back