News   Jul 25, 2024
 790     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 691     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 518     0 

Museum Station

From those pictures, it looks like they're keeping the same floor, only fixing parts of it. Nonetheless, the floor is quite old and needs to be revamped. I wonder if this kind of flooring allows for it to be sanded down, polished and refinished to look new again.

Parts of it are stained and I'd hope that they would get to that in this reno.

Christmas is only 20 days away when construction shuts down for 2 weeks. Late Jan or early Feb for completion with Feb the front runner.

Look at the stations floor as they have to be fix first and that no one night job.

There is still work to be done on the columns. Only 6 columns ready for the new fixtures. Then you got lights and ceiling to be added.

The first 2 haft's of the new pilers are on site.

Not impress with the new wall. Same TTC font as per the existing wall.

What time did you take those pics? I didnt notice those two pillars this morning!

i actually quite like the panels... it's got a simple and classy look to it... i would love to see panels like that covering up the hideousness that is Dundas Station... quick, relatively cheap, and easy.

Those panels look terrible. Do they have a clue what they are doing? Who puts black text on dark brown. It should be white!

To the TTC's credit, you really don't need to sit down because more often than not, the wait for a subway is under 3 minutes.
True - the times I've really noticed is when I've had to wait for 20 minutes for a train, because of some service interruption (jumper). Though wandering around recently with my 9-month pregnant wife, I've been asking myself the same question.

What time did you take those pics? I didnt notice those two pillars this morning!

The very south ones for southbound and were there on Tuesday when I shot them.

And here I thought the panels would be cut limestone, or something. I guess I may have read too literally into the TTC's press statement about this station redesign being an 'improvement', and everything.

Yikes. This pic looks like it was taken right out of a horror movie or spooky video game.

2088532712_2f3636b677_b.jpg

The thing that gets me about the TTC is they so often just seem to miss the point. The point of signage, the point of bustitutions, and so on. So passing though Museum station today, I saw the new wall panels that have been installed. The station name "MUSEUM" is located about 2 feet lower than the old text, so it's below the subway car windows. Now travelers won't be able to see what station they're at.

^ Actually, there will be 3 sets of "Museum" indicators on the walls:

1- along the top of the new panels, just where the old lettering used to be.
2- One near the center of the panels.
3- A very large MUSEUM title occupying nearly the entire height of the panel.

I don't think anybody's going to have a hard time identifying what station they're at.

1- along the top of the new panels, just where the old lettering used to be.
2- One near the center of the panels.
3- A very large MUSEUM title occupying nearly the entire height of the panel.

1. Which you can't see from the inside a subway train.
2. Which, as I've stated, you can no longer see from the inside a subway train.
3. Which will be too large to read from the inside a subway train.

I agree that it's unlikely that people will get lost. There are still automated announcements and as junctionist points out the next generation cars will have digital displays. The only people I would be concerned about would be those new to the system or tourists. I just find it annoying that the whole point of those signs near the centre of the panels is so you can see the station name through the window as the train rolls in, and now that won't be possible.

Back