Here are some interior pics, Veronese model Penthouse north tower:

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for sharing those interior photos HiRiser ... the view is truly spectacular !!

However, what jumps out to me more in these two images is the cheap, low quality laminate flooring in the unit ~ those are the crappy type of laminate wood flooring (typical of Pemberton) that imitates 3 strips of wood on 1 plank ... it would have been much better if it was 1 strip of woodgrain per plank, at least that way the laminate wood flooring would 'appear' to be more like real hardwood flooring :rolleyes:

Here are some interior pics, Veronese model Penthouse north tower:

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

Yea, the floors are some of the worst I've seen in a downtown condo. Easily replaceable though.

However, what jumps out to me more in these two images is the cheap, low quality laminate flooring in the unit ~ those are the crappy type of laminate wood flooring (typical of Pemberton) that imitates 3 strips of wood on 1 plank ... it would have been much better if it was 1 strip of woodgrain per plank, at least that way the laminate wood flooring would 'appear' to be more like real hardwood flooring :rolleyes:

In the agreement of purchase and sale, the floors are claimed to be "veneer engineered hardwood flooring". This is tricky sales language as veneer (laminate) and hardwood are often not used to describe the same thing. The sales agent in the presentation centre kept insisting that the model suite had the standard flooring (it didn't, but I wasn't 100% sure at the time). I had a lengthly argument about it and eventually conceded in return for a decent upgrade credit. I came to realize that "veneer engineered hardwood flooring" just means plain old ugly laminate flooring in Lanterra speak.

I was shocked at the crap they were off loading onto us during colour selection. Probably the worst standard finishes I've seen anywhere.

Lanterra charges an arm and a leg to upgrade the entire unit to hardwood. It ate up my entire upgrade credit and then some.

simplicio ... thanks for sharing your story from Murano ... what I've learned from shopping for a condo is the different types of wood flooring, I always ask for a clarification between these types of flooring (rather than accepting whatever language the builder uses to describe it in their brochure):
  • strip hardwood - the real stuff
  • pre-engineered hardwood - top 1/3 nice hardwood with bottom 2/3 particle board
  • pre-engineered laminate wood - effectively an image of woodgrains laminated on top of planks of particle board

Notwithstanding ... I've seen some high quality pre-engineered laminate wood flooring (actually that's all I'm getting in my new condo), but there are some cheap plastic looking wood laminate floorings like those in Murano or typical of various Pemberton Group condos in NYCC :rolleyes:

In the agreement of purchase and sale, the floors are claimed to be "veneer engineered hardwood flooring". This is tricky sales language as veneer (laminate) and hardwood are often not used to describe the same thing. The sales agent in the presentation centre kept insisting that the model suite had the standard flooring (it didn't, but I wasn't 100% sure at the time). I had a lengthly argument about it and eventually conceded in return for a decent upgrade credit. I came to realize that "veneer engineered hardwood flooring" just means plain old ugly laminate flooring in Lanterra speak.

I was shocked at the crap they were off loading onto us during colour selection. Probably the worst standard finishes I've seen anywhere.

Lanterra charges an arm and a leg to upgrade the entire unit to hardwood. It ate up my entire upgrade credit and then some.
It's almost as if they got this amazing deal on 5 kinds of light colored veneer flooring at some warehouse and they decided to use it here. No options for drk colored flooring and crappy veneer flooring. Thing is the standard flooring in the other Lanterra developments was much nicer. They coulda stepped it up a lil more given the location of the building

22 Wellesley > Murano

I plan on changing my floor anyways.

And you have secretly uncovered the business plan for this project. Low prices on Bay Street to entice buyers, most of which are "plan on changing (their) floor anyways" and doing other upgrades themselves.

No everyone enjoys the options a builder gives.

They coulda stepped it up a lil more given the location of the building

22 Wellesley > Murano

I plan on changing my floor anyways.

I always wonder about those floor level windows - do pets, small chidldren or miscellaneous items (i.e. golf balls) ever fall out?

And you have secretly uncovered the business plan for this project. Low prices on Bay Street to entice buyers, most of which are "plan on changing (their) floor anyways" and doing other upgrades themselves.

No everyone enjoys the options a builder gives.

Agreed, but the builder could make an effort to offer a quality product as well.

Update:

Trees have been put up along Bay street...elevators have been installed(at least in the lobby) in the South tower.

Still pretty sure the cement pillars will be covered.

i think that's the heat pump panel ... isn't that a thermostat above it?

btw, what is that green thing on the bottom of the pillar?

i think that's the heat pump panel ... isn't that a thermostat above it?

btw, what is that green thing on the bottom of the pillar?

That's the cover for the heat pump/HVAC. Usually the covers are somewhat more discrete than that.

We can send men to the moon but we can't figure out a better way to deal with HVAC units? This plus the cheap plastic floors puts Lanterra into my shoddy/lazy category of builder.

Back