Murano Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

Just left a message with Property Management....couldn't sleep last night with the damn machine in my unit (which by the way is plugged in my outlets!). Definitely looking for some sort of compensation

Ya... totally agree! I'll speak to property management as well. Keep us all posted if you hear anything about compensation.

btw... my unit seemed perfectly fine but they told me there was water behind my main door wall. Anyone know if we should be doing anything at this point (talking to lawyers / checking moisture or mold ourselves / calling Tarion) ???

Thanks!

Does anyone know how wide the living area is from this picture? I believe the floorplan is Veronese.

picture by Xenoblitz a few months ago.

Attachments

• DSC03706.jpg
    DSC03706.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 588
Flooding is part of the fun of moving in to a condo early. One day when I was leaving Spire via the stairwell I was greeted by a rather rapid waterfall cascading down God knows how many flights of stairs.

Why buildings go with light carpeting and walls baffles me. That light carpet will look like poop this time next year.

Murano Residents - Issues?

A couple questions:

Are there BBQ stations in this building? Couldn't tell by looking at the pics of the ammenities a number of pages back.

Also, does anyone know how to get in contact with the sales office? The number posted on the site is out of service.

Thanks,

I was in a condo here last week, thinking of buying in. I was quickly convinced not to. The 8 foot ceilings and small spaces make the unit feel claustrophobic. A 9 foot ceiling would have fixed this issues. In addition, while the kitchen and bathrooms were well appointed, the flooring was porly installed, as were the doors...and teh day we got there, they had a huge flood!

Their so called 2 plus dens are about 850 square feet, which for me is what a one bed plus den should be. Rooms are extrememly small.

Views are disastrous, apart from the south tower's southwest view if you are 25 floors or higher.

I think more than a few people will take a bath on these units when they go to sell them in a few years. They're just not worth what they are being sold for.

I was in a condo here last week, thinking of buying in. I was quickly convinced not to. The 8 foot ceilings and small spaces make the unit feel claustrophobic. A 9 foot ceiling would have fixed this issues. In addition, while the kitchen and bathrooms were well appointed, the flooring was porly installed, as were the doors...and teh day we got there, they had a huge flood!

Their so called 2 plus dens are about 850 square feet, which for me is what a one bed plus den should be. Rooms are extrememly small.

Views are disastrous, apart from the south tower's southwest view if you are 25 floors or higher.

I think more than a few people will take a bath on these units when they go to sell them in a few years. They're just not worth what they are being sold for.
Interesting you should say that as I made a post about this some pages ago. I saw a number of units for the first time back in March and wondered what all the hoopla was about. My main disappointment was the floors… Not only were they crappy looking, they weren’t installed properly in a few units. I saw no problems with the doors though. Lanterra apparently has good workmanship so I was a little shocked at how bad the floors looked. I DID see a suite with upgraded dark hardwood floors (Quarzi model) and it was like night and day. It’s amazing what a good quality floor can do to a place.

Regarding size…this is downtown Toronto, spaces are small….I’m seeing 1+1’s at 550square feet. I also disagree with you on the views. What kind of view do you expect to have downtown? They’re fairly unobstructed whereas many other condos have suites looking onto brick walls. 8ft ceilings are pretty standard in most buildings. I think floors 20 and up get 9ft ceilings at Murano. Floods happen in many buildings as well, not that big of a deal.

But again, I do agree with you with regards to the ridiculous pricing I thought back then that the prices were severely inflated for what you got….and the prices now…are an absolute farce. 300K for a 1 bedroom should give you a good quality floor, a top of the line kitchen and bathroom. I guess people are really paying for the location here. I don’t see the prices dropping that much in the coming years. Most of your issues are with standard finishes. Put down a new floor and jazz up the bathroom/kitchen and you’re making out alright.

I will be honest, I just compare it to a Radio City-type property and find it wanting.

You are right on the flooring. It felt as though it wasn't installed properly. There was bubbling. Not sure if they tried to cram in too much flooring into too small a space or if there is a wrinkle in the cushioning underneath.

As I said, the finishes on the kitchen and washrooms seemed to be upgraded, so the person selling the unit did spend where it counts.

I just cannot see how two people will be able to live in that small space though. The rooms are barely large enough for a queen bed.

For the views, anything west facing is a waste of time. Burano will block what would have been a spectacular view. Smart buyers likely waited for the western facing units in Burano. Maybe I am spoiled, having seen Radio City and am expecting too much from these mini-condos.

I will be honest, I just compare it to a Radio City-type property and find it wanting.

You are right on the flooring. It felt as though it wasn't installed properly. There was bubbling. Not sure if they tried to cram in too much flooring into too small a space or if there is a wrinkle in the cushioning underneath.

As I said, the finishes on the kitchen and washrooms seemed to be upgraded, so the person selling the unit did spend where it counts.

I just cannot see how two people will be able to live in that small space though. The rooms are barely large enough for a queen bed.

For the views, anything west facing is a waste of time. Burano will block what would have been a spectacular view. Smart buyers likely waited for the western facing units in Burano. Maybe I am spoiled, having seen Radio City and am expecting too much from these mini-condos.
Radio City is impressive (especially from the outside). It’s impressive on the inside, but only on the upgraded suites. I don’t like the standard finishes at all. It’s all a matter of opinion. At the end of the day, I think they’re both nice buildings but they don’t hold a candle to Spire, for example.

I agree ... i think Radio City is one of a handful of condos with well laid out and usable floorplans, complemented by a nice exterior design.

if you want to see some more crazy small spaces, take a look at the floorplans for the sister building to Murano, Burano.

Back