News   Jun 14, 2024
 755     0 

Multiplexes

Another pic of 367-369 Howland Ave:

howl.JPG

I'll just slot this here for now:

155 DOVERCOURT RD
Ward 10: Spadina-Fort York

Proposal to demolish the existing 2 storey mixed-use building and construct new 3 storey mixed-used building.

----------
Existing building, at NE corner of Dovercourt & Humbert Street, one block north of Queen:

156dover.JPG

Do we yet know what is being built here? I remember from the Little Italy/College St thread that there was no CoA application for it.

Doesn't appear to be any applications accessible online for it. But based on the appearance of the work so far it looks like potential residential space up top and likely ground level retail space.

384 Osler just south of St. Clair West. I think that the reason for the application is that there is already a laneway suite on the site and the owner wants to put up 4 more at
IMG_3273.png
the front.
IMG_3274.png
IMG_3276.png
IMG_3277.png
IMG_3278.png
IMG_3272.png

Anyone know if there’s been any movement on the double egress front? I know one of the previous housing bills subordinated the OBC to the National Building Code, so, unclear if this effort is still in progress or not.

Anyone know if there’s been any movement on the double egress front? I know one of the previous housing bills subordinated the OBC to the National Building Code, so, unclear if this effort is still in progress or not.
What kind of multiplexes or what is the minimum storeys are double egress relevant for? The lower end of the missing middle i.e 4 units and below don't have issues with this, do they?

1725 Bathurst. To add a third level and five more units for a total of 10. No retail. Don’t know how I feel about that as the existing buildings don’t have retail on this stretch of street but maybe that should change. Btw this is across the street from Holy Blossom Temple.

IMG_3413.png

These are all in older downtown areas where multiple units are common. Would love to see if there are any in the more traditional single house neighbourhoods in the suburbs now that the rules have changed.

Back