News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 663     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 934     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

Construction of the pedestrian tunnel that will link the Pie-IX BRT with the future Blue line station at Pie-IX and Jean-Talon.

b6883a14a603f4f0fb7a86fba6eb150cd8e2b3cc.jpeg

Construction of the pedestrian tunnel that will link the Pie-IX BRT with the future Blue line station at Pie-IX and Jean-Talon.
Good grief, actual construction on the Anjou extension after 35 years!

I hadn't realised they'd actually issues contracts on the new stations!

Hopefully the can add 2 more stations on the Orange Line as well, to interchange with the Deux-Montagnes line Bois-Francy.

Good grief, actual construction on the Anjou extension after 35 years!

I hadn't realised they'd actually issues contracts on the new stations!

Hopefully the can add 2 more stations on the Orange Line as well, to interchange with the Deux-Montagnes line Bois-Francy.

This is not a Blue line extension contract, it is part of the Pie-IX BRT project, but they took the opportunity to build the underground connection ahead of time so they won't have to rebuild the BRT stop when they build the blue line extension.

Édouard-Montpetit REM station had a media tour yesterday. One thing I didn't know is that the Metro station had provisions in the form of a "hidden chamber" to serve a future line under it but that was not used for REM.

Visiting the deepest station in Canada on the REM was an incredible experience - Come along for the ride!

Excellent video - especially the detail of the Mont Royal tunnel - sure left me thinking it might no longer be compatible with VIA HFR.

- Paul

it's 72m deep and it will be accessed by 4 high speed elevators
Only 4? When the Lawrence East plans were for high speed elevators, there was over a dozen (they've switched back to many many escalators now ...). I'd have thought an interchange station would be busier than Lawrence East!

Back