News   Apr 25, 2024
 294     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 921     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 954     0 

miWay Transit

It must be said though that Brampton Transit really dropped the ball getting the new Shoppers World terminal opened, and according to the report might not be ready even when Steeles Zum (503? 511?) opens in 2012.
The 503/511 is actually a surprised to me. I completely forgot that the 501 = 1 Queen and 502 = 2 Main. I've been assuming it would 503 Steeles and 504 Bovaird for a while now...

Wow, just wow. My assumption was that the 102 (extended to Port Credit) and 502 would provide double service between Shoppers World and Square One (and what Brampton planners were assuming), while the 202 and 19 would end at 407 Transitway. A big problem is that there is no express service into Square One from the south.

Route 103 will only run Monday-Saturdays, leaving Brampton being the only provider of express service on Sundays.

This cleans up from the present situation, but not as much as it should have. I want what Mississauga "planners" are smoking.

Despite the bizarre and illogical name change, I think MT is doing the right thing by keeping the 202/103 and ditching the 102. The 102 would not only be redundant with 502, but also 19.

The 502 will not only overlap with 19 from 407 southward, but also with 103 from Eglinton northward.

Lack of express service south of Square One to Square One is not a big issue considering most of the ridership is north of QEW. The real issue is lack Sq One bypass, and hopefully the frequency of 103/502 will be high enough to be competitive the 19.

From the report above and Brampton Transit documents, both 103 and 502 would run every 10 minutes peak and 20 minutes off-peak, and the 19 would run every 8-9 minutes Monday to Saturday (with the A/B short turns kept) and every 12 minutes on Sundays. The biggest problem I see is that there will be no Sunday service from south of Square One to Shoppers World.

True. I do find it weird that Brampton will have the only through Sunday service, and will be running a route (502) that will be largely the benefit to Mississauga passengers? There's not much in the way of reciprocation on the part of MT, which the original plan for a 7-day 102 Port Credit-Shoppers World would have provided.

True. I do find it weird that Brampton will have the only through Sunday service, and will be running a route (502) that will be largely the benefit to Mississauga passengers? There's not much in the way of reciprocation on the part of MT, which the original plan for a 7-day 102 Port Credit-Shoppers World would have provided.

So route 502 will be largely the benefit to Mississauga passengers, yet an expanded 102 would have been more in the way of reciprocation on the part of MT than the current plan to keep and expand the 202? Doesn't make sense...

Here some shots of MT new Orion bus 1004 at July 1st event. The seating is not as per the Orion VII in service now. Watch thoses steps to the back as they are a little higher than the rest of the fleet. Rear seats are higher with the floor not slope up like they are on the rest of the Orion fleet, but feet stay on the floor for me. Single seat on the rear wheel well as one near the front facing sideway. There are more photos up on my site going from 43054 to 43074. The 4 is missing inside the bus. http://www.flickr.com/photos/drum118/page2/
5892579209_c5ee2454ed_b.jpg

5893137182_605f6dc95f_b.jpg

5892567461_ac2d3c023f_b.jpg

5892565221_78df0815ce_b.jpg

Yeah, the seating arrangement if the latest Orion is much better than the old ones. It's a shame the TTC got so many buses with the old arrangement, but that's the TTC for ya.

Yeah, the seating arrangement if the latest Orion is much better than the old ones. It's a shame the TTC got so many buses with the old arrangement, but that's the TTC for ya.

I was told that all new buses coming this year and in the future were supposed to be the same as the Orange Orion VII in the fleet now and surprsed to see this layout. The TTC Orion VII allow more standing room as well room for strollers that take up huge amount of space if they are SUV's in the first place. You put 2 SUV's on this bus, no one can get past them, causing a blockage at the front doors.

They Finally open the Bus Ramp off Hurontario St today around noon or 1 pm and that's one sharp bend for a 40' bus. There was a 60' there when I first saw the open ramp and looked like it had some problems getting into this bus lane as the driver and other MT personal were there looking things over. It had a few other buses backup behind it

2 police officers were up the road a ways to either give drivers warnings or a ticket for using the bus lane.

This change of route will speed the 19's up some what as well cut down the dead time on the other routes.

Taken a lot longer than plan to get this into operation.

They Finally open the Bus Ramp off Hurontario St today around noon or 1 pm and that's one sharp bend for a 40' bus. There was a 60' there when I first saw the open ramp and looked like it had some problems getting into this bus lane as the driver and other MT personal were there looking things over. It had a few other buses backup behind it

2 police officers were up the road a ways to either give drivers warnings or a ticket for using the bus lane.

This change of route will speed the 19's up some what as well cut down the dead time on the other routes.

Taken a lot longer than plan to get this into operation.

Don't suppose you took any pics/vids?

Don't suppose you took any pics/vids?

Nope as I was on the bus and no camara with me of all things. I have pic's of the ramp before it open and they are up on the site some where for the month of June.

If MT thought they had issue with this person being held on the bus, Its going to be interesting to see how they and the city expland why buses were leaving riders at stops on Sunday in 36C weather as buses were running close doors because strollers were blocking all the doorways on the Artic's. They were the SUV types.
5956279943_90cb2e8967_b.jpg

5948928117_f76a8b6316_b.jpg

I've mentioned this before. Mississauga Transit is putting the screwjob to its passholders by not allowing them to make a free transfer to Brampton or Oakville as they can now. The current policy is that if you have a pass, you can ask the driver for a transfer to transfer to BT or OT.

This also prohibits passholders from using Zum 502 unless they pay another fare. This is really stupid as MT is pretty much abandoning Shoppers World (except the 103, which will not run late evenings or Sundays), where MT has operated to for 25 years. BT 502 is also very useful for intra-Mississauga travel as it pretty much replaces the 102, which MT is abandoning. So there's no express service on Hurontario easily accessible to MT passholders, either walk or transfer to Robert Speck.

Brampton just announced their changes to its transfer policy. It explicitly says that it will continue to provide transfers to passholders for connections to YRT, Mississauga and other 905 systems.

http://www.brampton.ca/en/residents/transit/Fares/Pages/ConnectingTransit.aspx#TransferPolicy

Additionally, the YRT/BT fare agreement covers the Zum 501, where it will accept all YRT fare media east of Gore Road. Why can't Mississauga get its act together? I'm sure it could come to an agreement with Brampton for fare media from Steeles/SWB south like what YRT and BT agreed to.

I've mentioned this before. Mississauga Transit is putting the screwjob to its passholders by not allowing them to make a free transfer to Brampton or Oakville as they can now. The current policy is that if you have a pass, you can ask the driver for a transfer to transfer to BT or OT.

This also prohibits passholders from using Zum 502 unless they pay another fare. This is really stupid as MT is pretty much abandoning Shoppers World (except the 103, which will not run late evenings or Sundays), where MT has operated to for 25 years. BT 502 is also very useful for intra-Mississauga travel as it pretty much replaces the 102, which MT is abandoning. So there's no express service on Hurontario easily accessible to MT passholders, either walk or transfer to Robert Speck.

Brampton just announced their changes to its transfer policy. It explicitly says that it will continue to provide transfers to passholders for connections to YRT, Mississauga and other 905 systems.

http://www.brampton.ca/en/residents/transit/Fares/Pages/ConnectingTransit.aspx#TransferPolicy

Additionally, the YRT/BT fare agreement covers the Zum 501, where it will accept all YRT fare media east of Gore Road. Why can't Mississauga get its act together? I'm sure it could come to an agreement with Brampton for fare media from Steeles/SWB south like what YRT and BT agreed to.

I guess its time to go before council either in Sept or Oct after I have a real close look at the 407 mess starting Sept. I will be following up on a serious issue I raised in email form that had the photos attached/link showing the legal issue surrounding it.

The email I received from the Mayor on this issue was a joke and someone else wrote it along with someone else.

With the coming fare increase on Jan 1st as well service cuts due to budget, where is this Transit group that was supposed to have started before the summer to map out a transit direction?

With the Sept change, bus locations at Sq One are on the move again and you need a play book for the new location. Routes 76, 26E and 20E location has been moved to the current location of 61N with 20 going on the west layover bays. BT 502, 110, 109 and 107 will take their spot. Route 8 moves to where Route 9 is located which is moving to 8 location. Its a real mess and this is only a few of the moves.

I have asked a number of times what is happening to the passes and this includes the Sr yearly pass for the Presto card and no one knows what is going on.

I also think it is only fair for Zum 502 buses to accept Mississauga tickets (and passes) south of Steeles as it does on Highway 7 at Gore Road and eastwards and at York U. For many MT passengers, those Brampton buses up and down Hurontario buses will be as useful as Mississauga buses are to passengers on Burnhamthope Road in Etobicoke.

I'm sure BT would be accommodating as it has the arrangement with YRT.

Last edited:

Back