News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

miWay Transit

Come Sept board change, 202 is cancel as well 102. 102 will be replace by Zum 502 route and it will service Shoppers World.

MT riders will see cash fare go up $.25, ticket's $.10 come April 2012. It is possible it may happen January.

MT is looking at 19.2% increase of operation cost to add 2% increase in service in 2012.

Cost ratio will fall to 49% in 2012.

Plan Sunday service for 4, 8, 65 and 68 cancel. No big lost since all of them would not meet cost recovery on day one, let alone after the 6 month trial program.

The new buses will have the same seating layout as Orion VII. There is talk that some of the existing buses maybe modify to match the new layout.

With the Sept board change, a new 103 will be introduce for all day, 6 days of the week service on Hurontario St, running from Port Credit to Shoppers World, bypass Sq One. Headway is to be 20 minutes for off peak and headways are subject to changes at this time.

The new terminal at Shoppers World is not schedule to open until 2013, leaving next to no room at the existing one for new MT service.

Last edited:
Come Sept board change, 202 is cancel as well 102. 102 will be replace by Zum 502 route and it will service Shoppers World.

MT riders will see cash fare go up $.25, ticket's $.10 come April 2012. It is possible it may happen January.

MT is looking at 19.2% increase of operation cost to add 2% increase in service in 2012.

Cost ratio will fall to 49% in 2012.

Plan Sunday service for 4, 8, 65 and 68 cancel. No big lost since all of them would not meet cost recovery on day one, let alone after the 6 month trial program.

The new buses will have the same seating layout as Orion VII. There is talk that some of the existing buses maybe modify to match the new layout.

With the Sept board change, a new 103 will be introduce for all day, 6 days of the week service on Hurontario St, running from Port Credit to Shoppers World, bypass Sq One. Headway is to be 20 minutes for off peak and headways are subject to changes at this time.

The new terminal at Shoppers World is not schedule to open until 2013, leaving next to no room at the existing one for new MT service.

Wtf...

Messing with Hurontario to make way for Zum is basically another realignment of service. An added off-peak service is definitely a welcome news as it will be a net gain for Hurontario.

I'm a little picky with the numbers. Should have stayed 102 so that it's easier to explain that:
current 202 -> new 102 and
current 102 -> new 502

Looks like Zum is falling behind schedule when it comes to terminal movement. If the opening of the terminal will be delayed by 2 years, then that would imply Zum Steeles will serve the existing terminal for a year, which really doesn't matter at all; and that Zum Main will detour a little to serve the terminal (like what Zum Queen does now).

68 already sees Sunday service, if I'm not mistaken. If that will be cancelled, then yikes! That's a significant service cut!
14 combines with 8, so I assume that will be deferred as well.
65 is getting Saturday service instead of Sunday, so I assume that 65's Saturday service will be deferred.
35 is the one that is getting Sunday service, and I will sadly assume that it will be deferred as well.

Therefore the only ones going ahead will be the 26 frequency increase, which is desperately needed anyways, and the service hour extensions. (Unless that they are cutting more of them!)

About the fares, let's see if Brampton and York will raise to $3.50, and if the TTC will raise to $3.25 with tokens going up by $0.10.

Last edited:
^ The Sunday 35 and Saturday 65 were not trial services. Only the Sunday 4, 8, 14 were trial, so I suspect that Drum only meant that 4, 8, 14 were cancelled.

8 is a big mistake imo; there's no reason this route should have better weekend service considering the weekday service and ridership levels and connection to both Square One and Port Credit.

The 103 is just mindboggling. I can't believe it. Just call it 102 or 202. This is Hurontario-Main, not Bloor. Just idiotic.

^ The Sunday 35 and Saturday 65 were not trial services. Only the Sunday 4, 8, 14 were trial, so I suspect that Drum only meant that 4, 8, 14 were cancelled.

8 is a big mistake imo; there's no reason this route should have better weekend service considering the weekday service and ridership levels and connection to both Square One and Port Credit.

The 103 is just mindboggling. I can't believe it. Just call it 102 or 202. This is Hurontario-Main, not Bloor. Just idiotic.

Agree! The Hurontario routes should end in 2. First of all, 19 should be renumbered Route 2. Whether they use 102, 202 or 502 on Hurontario, I don't care, as long as it's consistent. Route 3 is Bloor and should always stay Bloor (that includes 103, 203, etc).

Perhaps the 102 is just being modified when 502 starts service?

Agree! The Hurontario routes should end in 2. First of all, 19 should be renumbered Route 2. Whether they use 102, 202 or 502 on Hurontario, I don't care, as long as it's consistent. Route 3 is Bloor and should always stay Bloor (that includes 103, 203, etc).

Brampton already has route 2 serving Hurontario-Main, plus plans for the 502, so MT doesn't even need to renumber 19 to 2 (and arguable it shouldn't to avoid confusion).

103 just makes no sense at all.

Perhaps the 102 is just being modified when 502 starts service?

Yeah, maybe it is just a typo by Drum. One can only hope... but I wouldn't be surprised if that is really the plan. MT's branding strategies lately have beeen pretty dumb (e.g. 201 and 202 not branded as Express).

So, sadly, it is not a typo after all. See pages of 48-54 of this document:
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/GC_Agenda_June29_Part1.pdf

The 202 Hurontario (yes, it's not called "202 Hurontario Express") will be given weekday midday service and so its name will change to "103 Express" (not even "103 Hurontario Express"?)???

MT (oops, MiWay) should fire all of its staff for this because seriously this is dumb as fuck.

The reason I see why the change of the 102 to 103 so it would not confuse the already confused riders that it will not be going to Sq One coming from the north. I will lay bets there will riders getting on the 103 from the north, thinking it will be going to Sq One the first few weeks in Sept.

Once again, the branding gets in the way saying blue buses will be 100's when the 202 is still doing the same job as a 103, which is only going to get mid day service for week days. Changing the 202 from white to blue is no big deal as it will state its an express bus. 202 needs to stay.

My error for 68, but all plan new Sunday Service is cancel for 4 and 8 and assuming 14. Not sure if 65 or 35 will go ahead at this time, but 35 needs to move ahead as plan.

I have the full report that not on the PDF link.

As far I am concern, MiWay is MT without its makeover and will always refer to as MT.

I disagree on changing 19 to another number, but all buses going south should only be 19 with no A, B or what every.

I see no harm in not adding Hurontario to express name since it is given that its an Hurontario express bus by running on Hurontario in the first place.

How about we just let Brampton Transit take over MT since MT seems to have no idea what they're doing these days.

How about we just let Brampton Transit take over MT since MT seems to have no idea what they're doing these days.

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!, you just created the Peel Transit that was shot down in 1974 and you are going to piss off Hazel, as she doesn't want to support Peel or Brampton in the first place. 3 more years to go.

As for not knowning what MT is doing these days, its the same BS since 2000 and they are still out to lunch today.

Which brings us to the never-ending debate of Peel Region Transit.

However, that would not happen anytime soon as a merging requires:
- repainting of 400+ buses (or 600+ if they opted for a new brand scheme),
- bus stop redesign,
- redesign of management,
- route renumberings (which 5 will take over, Bovaird or Dixie?)
- route realignments (Dixie from Long Branch to Mayfield)
- which branding will take over or will it be a brand new scheme?
- and many more...

... add to that:

- the resistance of Caledon paying their share of costs to regional transit
- Mississauga wanting to separate from Peel
- cold relationship of the three municipalities of Peel (Mississauga vs. Brampton and Caledon)
- Peel, Mississauga, and Brampton being broke

Which brings us to the never-ending debate of Peel Region Transit.

However, that would not happen anytime soon as a merging requires:
- repainting of 400+ buses (or 600+ if they opted for a new brand scheme),
- bus stop redesign,
- redesign of management,
- route renumberings (which 5 will take over, Bovaird or Dixie?)
- route realignments (Dixie from Long Branch to Mayfield)
- which branding will take over or will it be a brand new scheme?
- and many more...

... add to that:

- the resistance of Caledon paying their share of costs to regional transit
- Mississauga wanting to separate from Peel
- cold relationship of the three municipalities of Peel (Mississauga vs. Brampton and Caledon)
- Peel, Mississauga, and Brampton being broke

Nope!!.

If the powers to be said, "BT and MT you are merging on X date", colours of buses and stops would be the last thing to come into play. How Caledon, Mississauga and Brampton get along will not be the concerns of the powers to be nor Peel Transit or what every it is call.

The first thing to be looked at is merging of routes as well streamline them to service the public better, better cost ratio and gain new riders. All the riders will care as to colour, is when is a bus coming.

As to funding of the system, the powers to be will have to set that up on day one.

Redesign the management would take time and a good time to get rid of the deadheads and bring in people who know how to do things right and are not from TTC.

You also got to deal with the 2 unions, since they have different rates and setup. Again, a good time to do some major overhaul of them or bring in outside firms to replace them as a whole or in part.

Rebranding is way down the list unless the powers to be have a plan already, them it will be rollout over time.

At the end of the day, merging the 2 systems will have various issues, but within a year time, there will be gone.

I agree with drum. Deciding on a new name/colour scheme/livery comes last, after the decision has been made.

Besides, I could see MT and BT merging before the Hurontario LRT opening.

I'm not really sure the benefit of Peel Region Transit. There is a limit to how long routes can be before you run into reliability issues. For example, route 5 Dixie wouldn't be merged with 18 Dixie anyways even if there was an single system.

Mississauga and Brampton are just two systems, and each are already large systems with routes of optimal length. It's not like Peel had/has a large number of small systems like Halton, York, Durham...

I don't think we would actually see that much integration with Peel Region Transit. Service along Kennedy could be merged, and also Tomken/West Dr. But other than that, there doesn't actually seem to be much opportunity to better integrate the two systems. I don't think a Peel Region Transit would change much.

The main benefit of Peel Region Transit would be transit service in Caledon, finally.

Wow, just wow. My assumption was that the 102 (extended to Port Credit) and 502 would provide double service between Shoppers World and Square One (and what Brampton planners were assuming), while the 202 and 19 would end at 407 Transitway. A big problem is that there is no express service into Square One from the south.

Route 103 will only run Monday-Saturdays, leaving Brampton being the only provider of express service on Sundays.

This cleans up from the present situation, but not as much as it should have. I want what Mississauga "planners" are smoking.

It must be said though that Brampton Transit really dropped the ball getting the new Shoppers World terminal opened, and according to the report might not be ready even when Steeles Zum (503? 511?) opens in 2012.

Back