News   Jul 15, 2024
 485     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 591     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Mississauga: The Least Worst of 2004-2007

Love this shot, though just right of it are two giant strip malls that I wish to see obliterated. This area is just dying for a European style Town Square.

original.jpg

fantastic assortment of images! I had quite a few faves.... the view up Hurontario, the pinkish monochrome. the light blurs taken from inside the bus, but from a pure photographers point of view the one with the ducks swimming around in that hole in the ice is a sure winner! You might consider entering that one in a photo contest!

I entered that photo into the now-defunct Unurban Photo Contest at SCC once. It didn't do that well. I don't like to call attention to my photos anyways which is why I don't post photos on SCC anymore: it is too busy and too international. But thanks for the comments anyways.

I'm always a sucker for shots of the waterfront. And I still want to get on to that Laker by the breakwater one day.

Mississauga is a disaster. Nothing more than a monument to 20th century stupidity that passed for urban planning in N. America.

Mississauga is a disaster. Nothing more than a monument to 20th century stupidity that passed for urban planning in N. America.

There's plenty to be frustrated about, but it's really not that bad, especially compared to the rest of the 905, Scarborough, and most of Etobicoke. :)

I don't see how Saug is superior to any of those areas.

I didn't claim it was superior; just not bad in comparison. Mississauga tends to take the brunt of the criticism, but from what I've seen, the worst examples of urban planning in the GTA are elsewhere.

Back