News   Apr 26, 2024
 296     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 513     0 

Mississauga Projects

Ramako

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any chance mods might consider creating a separate forum for projects in Mississauga?

It's not that I think Mississauga is special or anything. Rather I hate wading through countless threads about that wasteland to find projects that actually matter (i.e. ones that are in the city of Toronto).

It's likely that I'm in the minority of people here who wouldn't care if Mississauga fell off the map (if it weren't for the fact that it feeds Toronto), so this request probably won't get far.

Just throwin' it out there.

Ha ha, perhaps not everyone would be upset if Koz were to fall off the map. :D

Seriously, aside from his attitude, maybe his point has merit. The "Projects and Construction" section has so many threads it can be difficult to sort through it to find a particular project. Maybe it could be split into three or four sections based on geographical location?

"Countless" Mississauga threads? Are you 1 year old or something? There are currently 2 Mississauga threads on the first page of the Projects and Construction forum, and I think most toddlers can count to two.

Also funny how Mississauga is singled out... I see 3 Markham threads on the first page of the Projects forums...

"Countless" Mississauga threads? Are you 1 year old or something? There are currently 2 Mississauga threads on the first page of the Projects and Construction forum, and I think most toddlers can count to two.

Also funny how Mississauga is singled out... I see 3 Markham threads on the first page of the Projects forums...

Well I wasn't really referring to today or yesterday per se. In fact, there were far more a couple weeks ago. When is irrelevant. The point is that they're there at all.

The heart of my point remains valid; with respect to Mississauga as well as Markham. Didn't plan to single Mississauga out, but generally seems like the worst culprit. I didn't mean 'countless' in terms of absolute numbers but in terms of the amount of attention it gets compared to how much I think it justifiably deserves.

Mississauga's not terrible by any means. I just think it's as interesting as white bread. I doubt most people outside of Southern Ontario have ever heard of Mississauga. My interest in the city architectural is virtually nil (save Marilyn).

Rather I hate wading through countless threads about that wasteland to find projects that actually matter

By your comments, Koz, I can see that you are without a doubt an asshole, complete, utter, and congenital - I mean, let's not mince words, eh?

The search function works extremely well, if you are having trouble finding threads that interest you - and there is no need here to ghetto-ize Mississauga in a separate forum....most of the forumers here, while naturally biased towards downtown projects, keep at least an academic interest in the city of 700,000 which directly abuts Toronto's western end, and the city building efforts which are taking place there....

it's guys like you that give Toronto a bad name (and I am originally from Toronto)...:mad:

By your comments, Koz, I can see that you are without a doubt an asshole, complete, utter, and congenital - I mean, let's not mince words, eh?

The search function works extremely well, if you are having trouble finding threads that interest you - and there is no need here to ghetto-ize Mississauga in a separate forum....most of the forumers here, while naturally biased towards downtown projects, keep at least an academic interest in the city of 700,000 which directly abuts Toronto's western end, and the city building efforts which are taking place there....

it's guys like you that give Toronto a bad name (and I am originally from Toronto)...:mad:

My shots at Mississauga are a bit exaggerated, yes. But to say Mississauga is uninteresting is not the same as saying that anything outside Toronto is uninteresting. I am academically interested on what's going on there, as I am academically interested in architecture anywhere. I'm not saying that we shouldn't have threads on those projects; I'm just saying that they shouldn't be mixed in with threads about Toronto, which as a matter of fact, is an altogether different city.

Am I really a huge asshole for suggesting a more coherent structure to the forums?

Koz, your remarks were over-the-top regarding Mississauga, though your suggestion is very valid.

And the use of the word "asshole", particularly against another forumer is against board rules. But it's been dealt with.

Just a friendly reminder to play nice!

But Sean, you've called Bob Kinnear an asshole on three separate occasions on this forum ( 04-26-2008 in the "TTC April 2008 Strike Thread" thread, 11-10-2007 in the "Mayor Demands Apology for Transit Strike" thread, and 06-06-2006 in the "Rick Ducharme Resigns From TTC" thread) - and have used the same expression on a number of other occasions.

But Sean, you've called Bob Kinnear an asshole on three separate occasions on this forum ( 04-26-2008 in the "TTC April 2008 Strike Thread" thread, 11-10-2007 in the "Mayor Demands Apology for Transit Strike" thread, and 06-06-2006 in the "Rick Ducharme Resigns From TTC" thread) - and have used the same expression on a number of other occasions.

It is Bob Kinnear though. :)

Any chance mods might consider creating a separate forum for projects in Mississauga?

The main category does say "Greater Toronto" implying that it includes the York, Peel, and Durham regions.

But there are threads created in those sections beyond that which are still considered local.

Tags work well for such things.
There is no need to have Mississauga projects in a seperate forum. The only thing I could possibly see working would be to have GTA (not including Toronto) projects in one forum, and only Toronto projects in another.
THen I feel those projects in the GTA would not get any attention. And some of them do deserve attention.
There are shitty projects in Toronto too ya know, not just the GTA

This matter has been discussed among the mods. We see no reason to split the forum into 416/905 or whatever other ways there are of doing this. Its all Toronto in our minds. Beyond the GTA is another matter.

Back