News   Apr 24, 2024
 373     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 562     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 491     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

Anyone have any news on when Electrolux and Husqvarna will leave to make room for the Heartland Town Centre expansion? Has it been approved?

Oh wow, does this mean there's a Galleria supermarket coming there too? It's the exact same logo.

From the website: "As the main anchor, Galleria Supermarket, a name synonymous with a superior shopping experience, sets the tone for quality and value."

When Galleria was featured in an article in the Star last fall it mentioned that they were planning to open in Mississauga.

Since we are near the York Mills location most Saturdays, we frequently shop there. It's one of our favourite super markets. Now please excuse me while I do a happy dance.

There is a sign at the T&T in Mississauga, advertising jobs for a Brampton location that will open near Queen and Kennedy. (Not Mississauga strictly speaking but did not see a Brampton thread.)

Also, does anyone know if the Starbucks on Hurontario just south of the Queensway is undergoing renovations or has been closed permanently?

More big retail news for East Mississauga.

Looks like the vacant GM dealership lot at Dixie/Dundas (next to the Harvey's) will be turned into a 250,000 sq ft shopping mall opening in 2014.

http://www.galleriacentre.com/index.html

More renders http://www.varconconstruction.com/news/galleria-centre-mississauga/

This could be a HUGE boost for the east end.

Neat. It reminds me of some of the Gallerias you see in Turkey, and the UAE. The GTA definitely has the critical mass to support multiple, large, luxury malls, neighbourhoods, and gallerias like this.

Not sure where this belongs, but the two remaining Zellers stores in Mississauga (Erin Mills and Sheridan Centre/Mall whatever) are finally liquidating. Saw the ad in the Mississauga News.

Town and Country Market moving into Absolute retail area with the rest still for lease.

Back