News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Mississauga (non-mall) Retail

The parking lot at the new Walmart seemed to be pretty busy this afternoon. They are aparently having a "soft opening".

I had not previously realized that the Walmart parking lot is connected directly to the GO parking lot next door. I wonder how many GO commuters will park at the Walmart lot, if the GO lot is filled to capacity.

Any update on the 148,000 sq. foot building yet? I don't see anything on the developers page.

I can answer my own question after shopping at the new Supercentre today. According to the store's manager, the building next door will be a Costco.

Last edited:
I had not previously realized that the Walmart parking lot is connected directly to the GO parking lot next door. I wonder how many GO commuters will park at the Walmart lot, if the GO lot is filled to capacity.

That can be easily solved. Just call up a tow company and instruct them to tow away any vehicle where they witness the driver walk directly to the GO Station. No company would refuse that job, as its $$$$ for them.

Speaking of Freshco, does anyone know what is going in the former PriceChopper at Mavis and Bristol? Seemed to be some activity going on there when I drove by the other day...

That location is going to be a Food Port, which is an independent grocery store from Milton (Derry & Ontario). IIRC, there used to be one in Streetsville as well, years ago.

there's a lot of interesting shops and restaurant in Mississauga, I was there with a friend on Saturday and I loved the Port Credit area, i had some good fish and chips and i also went to a very nice artisan shop called Macondo and bought some beautiful handicrafts. I highly recomend this area

The Square One Panera location is hosting a ton of trainees right now. They are being trained to work at a new location opening in the old Adidas store near Dundas & Winston Churchill.

RioCan enters venture to develop outlets
The Canadian Press
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 18:11
TORONTO - Toronto's RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:REI.UN) has a joint venture deal with two real estate firms to develop designer outlets in a Toronto-area power mall.
RioCan, along with Canadian developer and landlord Orlando Corp. and U.S.-based Tanger Factory Outlets (NYSE:SKT) said Wednesday they will develop designer outlets at Mississauga, Ont.'s Heartland Town Centre for an undisclosed price.
The companies plan to add another 312,000 square feet to the centre's two million square feet of big-box retail space.
"The formation of this venture joins three very substantial organizations who will align their respective talents and resources in identifying and executing a formidable outlet property within the very successful Heartland Town Centre," said Ed Sonshine, CEO of RioCan REIT.
RioCan already has a joint venture with Tanger to develop U.S.-style outlet centres in Canada and bought the Cookstown Outlet Mall north of Toronto for the first project. The partners have also struck a deal to acquire 20 hectares in the Ottawa suburb of Kanata and develop it into a Tanger Outlet Center.
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, operates and owns, or has an ownership interest in, a portfolio of 39 upscale outlet shopping centers in the U.S. and Canada.
RioCan is Canada's largest real estate investment trust with a total capitalization of $12.5 billion at Dec. 31. It owns and manages 331 retail properties.
RioCan has said roughly half of the acquisitions the trust will make this year will be in the U.S. RioCan has committed to keep its U.S. exposure to 20 per cent of its overall business. Sonshine said the trust still has considerable room for growth south of the border, where it began expanding in 2009.
The trust made 38 acquisitions in Canada and the U.S. in 2011 and has also become the biggest landlord for Target Stores in Canada as the big U.S. retailer prepares to launch its department stores here over the next year or so.

How is that going to work? Where at Heartland? There isn't much space left, if any at all

Back