News   Sep 16, 2024
 522     0 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 617     0 

Miller no-show for Luminato/ROM?

I will say it was probably a mistake that Miller was not around last weekend, given the importance of it all to the city. He usually appears at these types of things, so either he or his staffers messed up, or thought that the FCM meeting was more important. After all, Toronto is broke. If the FCM meetings become successful (which I hope it will), then maybe it was the right choice.

I'm sure he'll be around for Nuit Blanche, something that the city put together with private backing. I think the maturing of our public festivals (hello, Luminato and Nuit Blanche, good-bye Celebrate Toronto!) and focus on art is very much a Miller thing. Would Lastman gotten behind it?

Toronto is flowering despite Miller, not because of him. His absence only underscores this.

It's not that simple Tewder!

Miller's been screwing up a bit, but you make it sound like he's had no hand in any arts-related initiatives, and that's not true.

You're right, interchange. He and his supporters at City Hall may have faults, but support for the arts is not one of them, especially the small-scale stuff that doesn't make headlines.

Miller's attitude towards the ROM could not even be characterized as lukewarm.

Pecaut has been mooted as a potential mayoral candidate, one of the few with the kind of credibility and backing that could oust Miller.

I love BMO field.

And it's about to host one of the biggest sporting events that Canada has ever seen.

Everything has its place in culture and tourisim.

Back