News   Apr 19, 2024
 204     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 584     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

so instead of making it bright and visible, screaming "try me", they chose the dark and practically invisible colour scheme?

so instead of making it bright and visible, screaming "try me", they chose the dark and practically invisible colour scheme?

To be fair, I would be happier if they had just went with easy to maintain and handsome chrome. But why is the PIN pad placed so far away (nevermind why we need a PIN pad when you have a screen to work with to start)?

AoD

To be fair, I would be happier if they had just went with easy to maintain and handsome chrome. But why is the PIN pad placed so far away (nevermind why we need a PIN pad when you have a screen to work with to start)?

AoD
The PIN pad is, I think, for credit/debit cards and one probably does NOT want that screen so large it can be seen by people waiting in line?

The PIN pad is, I think, for credit/debit cards and one probably does NOT want that screen so large it can be seen by people waiting in line?

Being on the screen doesn't mean having to have it taking up the whole screen. Besides, isn't this an AODA issue with those tiny chicklet PIN pad keys? I just find the whole thing messy - with a proliferation of slots and interfaces all over the place. It is worse than an ATM machine.

AoD

upload_2017-12-14_10-17-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-14_10-17-3.png
    upload_2017-12-14_10-17-3.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 644
The lighting and my phone's camera makes it look brown, it's actually black. Similar to the new PRESTO Cards.

Phew. At least it's consistent w/ their new branding. Had a bit of a facepalm moment thinking they ditched it again in favor of brown.

A few weeks ago I wrote to Metrolinx about the confusion of the two PRESTO machines for the UPX/GO using their web 'customer contact form: I got this reply:

"We have identified the concerns with respect to the confusion between the UP and GO devices when travelling on UP Express. We are actively working to overcome this barrier.

We will continue to educate our guests through marketing campaigns, and improved signage. We appreciate your patience while we develop and implement these strategies."

Of course, doing some programing might be better than "educating our guests' so that one machine could do both but ....

Tap on. Tap off. No programming and separate reader BS. Say you are boarding at Union, and you tap off at Bloor or Weston, it was a GO trip. If you tap off at the airport it was a UPX trip.
What happens when they start charging a different fare for UPX - which surely they have to do based on the standing room only situation last time I took it to the airport in rush hour?

What happens when they start charging a different fare for UPX - which surely they have to do based on the standing room only situation last time I took it to the airport in rush hour?
Trips ending and originating at YYZ are UPX trips. Anything else is a GO fare. Is that not completely black and white?

Trips ending and originating at YYZ are UPX trips. Anything else is a GO fare. Is that not completely black and white?
Because when they start charging more for UPX than GO, like they used to, and like they should be doing at peak now, then you could tap on and off on Green, and still ride UPX.

Whole thing is certainly a cluster fuck though.

Starting on January 7, 2018, adult, senior, youth and student TTC riders will pay a TTC fare of just $1.50 when they use a PRESTO card to transfer to or from GO Transit or the Union Pearson Express.

From link.

(PS. Ride the TTC for Free on December 17)

Back