News   Apr 25, 2024
 361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Used the new Presto reader at Union. A couple of observations:
1. It's at least a half second slower than the previous readers.
2. The font is way too small for the screen size. Really need to make an effort seeing the balance.
Conclusion: previous (old) readers are better

2. The font is way too small for the screen size. Really need to make an effort seeing the balance.

Even slower? You have got to be kidding me - the speed of the current reader is already geriatric. And why do they always use the dumbest, most illegible display tech/size?

AoD

How does one go on a date using the PRESTO cards? Can't double tap. So it'll be a "dutch treat" when using public transit.

I have a few PRESTO cards lying around. I’ve used them when I’ve had guests visiting the city and wanted to get around on the TTC. I don’t really take dates on the TTC. If she’s downtown, we’ll usually walk since I live in the heart of downtown near tons of great date ideas. If she’s a little out of downtown, I’ll pick her up and drop her off in an Uber.

I wouldn’t want to complicate Presto even more by adding multiple passengers in a card. It needs to be as simple as possible. One tap equals one ride for the card holder.

It's in trial phase. So hopefully you have completed their survey.

Presto system is still horribly buggy. I have one of the older (I believe Mark II) green Presto cards. Went south from Richmond Hill today morning, and I couldn't tap off at any of the old readers.

Had to walk all the way from the platform 3 exit all the around to the main concourse before finally managing a successful tap on one of the new machines. I'm too lazy to complain to Metrolinx, but I thought I'd want to complain here.

Presto system is still horribly buggy. I have one of the older (I believe Mark II) green Presto cards. Went south from Richmond Hill today morning, and I couldn't tap off at any of the old readers.

Had to walk all the way from the platform 3 exit all the around to the main concourse before finally managing a successful tap on one of the new machines. I'm too lazy to complain to Metrolinx, but I thought I'd want to complain here.
You only have yourself to blame for not setting up a default trip

So a tourist to Toronto needs to set a default trip too? I want to point out that
a) the default trip wouldn't have mattered, as I usually take the Barrie Line
b) the friend I was travelling with had the exact same issue
It shouldn't matter, Union Station (and other major stations like Exhibition) should have fare gates and not readers.

Back