News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Waiting to see how many people will get on the back of the buses and streetcars and not bother tap.
There's no rear loading on buses. On streetcars, those with passes and transfers don't need to tap entering rear doors; some routes have had rear door loading since the 1980s. Nothing substantial is changing here.

Fare inspectors have batons. I'm sure they'll do fine.

They are having some TTC fare inspectors work without batons, to make them more "customer friendly", it was started by Councillor Joe Mehevic, who must have thought the batons were scary looking or something, which is ridiculous.

Not that batons are all that effective anyway.

I've often gotten off the 510 at Spadina station, to find fare inspectors issuing tickets. Do they have authority to hold you if you don't have any ID? Although I always pay my fare, I rarely carry a wallet these days. I just wonder how that would go if there were an error on my card or if I didn't notice that it didn't successfully tap in.

Presto website is up and running again. Something new I found is that the TTC seems to have a loyalty program in place now.
Should be noted that I got on at Queen and Spadina but instead, it is saying I got on at Dundas and Parliament. This is gonna cause a lot of angry customers if they are deducted another fare while transferring from streetcar to subway. I can't see how they are going to fix this after removing the two hour transfer.

Attachments

• _20160117_214243.JPG
    _20160117_214243.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Presto website is up and running again. Something new I found is that the TTC seems to have a loyalty program in place now.
Should be noted that I got on at Queen and Spadina but instead, it is saying I got on at Dundas and Parliament. This is gonna cause a lot of angry customers if they are denied entry while transferring from streetcar to subway. I can't see how they are going to fix this after removing the two hour transfer.

Could be for the automatic daily pass capping?

It's been great while it lasted. Definitely had me using transit MORE than I did before!

But did you put more into the fare-box than normal or was it mostly bonus trips?

Farebox recovery is a city problem. Congestion is a federal/provincial tax revenue problem (city has very little financial incentive to solving congestion other than ambulance/fire/police costs).

Last edited:
Could be for the automatic daily pass capping?

That wouldn't make sense though... as he only took 2 trips each day on the 16th and 17th. That would be less than a day pass.

Also weird that yesterday, my trip still deducted $2.90, but my return trip was $0. I wonder why @Andy T was only charged $1.95 and I was charged $2.90

Back