News   Apr 16, 2024
 272     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 711     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 485     3 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Annual Procurement Plan FY2022
Online subscription to an Industry Standards Library Portal (1-5 years)$$$$General Goods and Equipment (Non-I&IT)

What wizardry online subscription would charge >$15MILLION ($$$$= $15-100M) ??!!!! Thats more than what theyre budgeting for an entire parking garage at whitby station. What the hell are they subscribing to...and regardless this is fiscal irresponsibility at its peak

Perhaps Metrolinx could adopt this alliance model for LRTs.

The new hotness Alliance model appears extremely similar to the century old Cost+ model used by the USA military. Of course, LRTs don't have a novel research phase.

Perhaps Metrolinx could adopt this alliance model for LRTs.

I don't disagree with you. But most fundamentally, we just need to stop intentionally stalling transit progress to get transit built. I think the FWLRT has demonstrated quite clearly that we are capable of rapidly building transit once the bureaucracy and politics stops getting in the way. Hopefully we'll see the Hamilton LRT progress as rapidly as Finch, without a decade of stalling from MX and politicians at various levels of government.

Strange that he never mentions the major issues with the Relief Line plan, which would have created a T interchange rather than a much more favorable Cross one.
That's only partly true. The Relief plan stations would have had exits directly to York and Bay, hooking into PATH, so that the exits at Yonge and University would be less congested. The OL plan will likely see more people transferring as a result because they are further from destinations such as Bay and King or York and Wellington.

Thanks for this. Lots of interesting stuff. I wasn't aware of any parking expansion plans for Whitby GO, I wonder exactly what that entails. It's listed as between $4 and $20 million, so it's can't be a very large garage. I wonder if it'll be an addition on the existing garage or a new structure.

Good to see Aldershot's parking expansion finally move forward, that's been languishing in procurement for a while now.

Still no confederation GO listed though - hopefully that is just because procurement officially began last year and they still expect construction to start soon.

I feel like GO expansion projects are finally reaching the construction stage in large numbers though so it's still exciting to see all these projects move forward on timeframes that are actually quite soon.

Back