News   Jul 12, 2024
 825     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 746     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 316     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Does TO360 allow the use of transit traffic signals, or is that still FORBIDDEN in Toronto?

1116px-Public_transportation_traffic_lights_in_NL_and_BE.svg.png

TransitSignal.png

From link.

This transit signal is currently the only one allowed (from the MTO Driver's Handbook)...
4-2-9.jpg

From link.
I too am in favour of using these international transit signals but why do you think TO360 has anything to do with this? TO360 is a wayfinding system.

I too am in favour of using these international transit signals but why do you think TO360 has anything to do with this? TO360 is a wayfinding system.
If a motorist is trying to find their way around the city, they could confuse the "English signed" transit traffic signal we currently use with the motorist traffic signal.

transit-signal-traffic-lights-toronto-canada-2B1WANA.jpg

From link.
Other parts of the world even use red and yellow ARROWS for turn signals, without having to use "English" verbage signs, which only adds to sign pollution.

We need to reduce the sign clutter pollution.

Classy we got fooled, they pulled a Del Duca.

A true Del Duca at a transit station requires a new 'Tim's Kiosk' I think. ' Is there one here? LOL

And in light of the story below..........then we would be no less fooled, but possibly more screwed!

If a motorist is trying to find their way around the city, they could confuse the "English signed" transit traffic signal we currently use with the motorist traffic signal.

transit-signal-traffic-lights-toronto-canada-2B1WANA.jpg

From link.
Other parts of the world even use red and yellow ARROWS for turn signals, without having to use "English" verbage signs, which only adds to sign pollution.

We need to reduce the sign clutter pollution.
Yes, of course that is true but it is really NOTHING to do with T0360 which is wayfinding for pedestrians. See: https://www.toronto.ca/services-pay...ayfinding/about-the-to360-wayfinding-project/

A true Del Duca at a transit station requires a new 'Tim's Kiosk' I think. ' Is there one here? LOL

And in light of the story below..........then we would be no less fooled, but possibly more screwed!

I heard about this story a few days ago, and if I were her I would probably be suing the living daylights out of Tim Hortons for that.

But if it happened at a Del Duca photo-oped location, I would be 100x more likely to be suing the living daylights out of them just because Del Duca had some distant association with the location.

There's no Tim Horton's location at the Kipling Terminal though. Which is honestly surprising this project was in the pipeline during his time as Minister of Photo-Ops.

Back