News   Apr 24, 2024
 983     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 629     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

If I am understanding this correctly, Metrolinx places the Sheppard West extension as a higher priority than the East extension? And if so, why is the FWLRT East extension a high priority then? Shouldn't the west extension be one?

Edit, got an opportunity to read the thing. Finch east is a higher priority, but this caught my eye:

These "priorities" change all the time due to either funding constraints or political meddling with each election cycle. Even some of the lines that are marked as "existing, in delivery or advancing" are not really a sure thing (particularly the Ontario Line, Sheppard East, and Eglinton West extension).

This document ain't worth the paper it's printed on, in my opinion.

Last edited:
These "priorities" change all the time due to either funding constraints or political meddling with each election cycle. Even some of the lines that are marked as "existing, in delivery or advancing" are not a sure thing at this time (particularly the Ontario Line, Sheppard East, and Eglinton West extension).

This document ain't worth the paper it's printed on, in my opinion.
Further to my point, take a look at these priority projects identified in the 2008 Big Move document. We are now in the year 2020. As you go through this list, think about how many of these projects were actually delivered or are in progress. Also consider which lines are notably absent or different in scope in the original document compared to current priorities.

The Big Move - 15 Years.png
The Big Move - Projects.png

This gap is really bothering me:
View attachment 231062
Which one(s)?
Further to my point, take a look at these priority projects identified in the 2008 Big Move document. We are now in the year 2020. As you go through this list, think about how many of these projects were actually delivered or are in progress. Also consider which lines are notably absent or different in scope in the original document compared to current priorities.

View attachment 230826View attachment 230827
Another sad example of over-promising and under-delivering.

Most likely for land Metrolinx bought for various project for construction and no longer needed. Then to try to get someone to build on the land Metrolinx Owns like Cooksville GO or other stations like it. Then it may have to due with the properties in Hamilton that were bought for the cancel LRT. Then to buy up more land for other projects.

RQQ-2019-REPC-418 - RQQ-2019-REPC-418 : Realty Business Valuation Services on an emergent basis

Call For Tenders
Tender No. RQQ-2019-REPC-418

Metrolinx is issuing this Request to Qualify and Quote (RQQ) to retain the services of a Vendor to provide the goods and/or services described herein.
Metrolinx is accepting Submissions for the provision of Realty Business Valuation Services on an emergent basis. Metrolinx is embarking on several capital programs including the Go Rail Expansion Program to provide faster, more convenient ways to transport people in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Rapid Transit (RT), and future Subway Expansions. The infrastructure works planned under these and other programs (e.g. electrification, new tracks, grade separations, construction staging etc.) will require realty business valuation services of properties identified as commercial/municipal/private/conservation authority (CA) lands. There is a need to develop a program and policy framework for property Business Valuation and resulting claims to enable consistent, timely and coordinated delivery of these programs.
The objective of this Request to Qualify and Quote (RQQ) is to solicit proposals from Proponents for the provision of Realty Business Valuation Services on an emergent basis over a period of two (2) years. The requirements are more particularly described in the Scope of Work of this Request Document.

Back