News   Apr 25, 2024
 136     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

4404 was off loaded Friday after been shipped to Quebec on October 29, 2018. That 501 days off site and they must built a replacement for it for that length of time. If it takes as long as 4406 to reenter service, it will be almost 2 years out of service.

4409 is on its way to Quebec as of Friday.

4406 back out on the service track.

4405 GPS is all over the place.

4403 was back out testing Tues and Wed this week and that now 6 days of testing.
Don't mean to be rude, but I think you're on the wrong Flexity thread.

^That LRV, and one other, are apparently on their way not to Toronto but to Thunder Bay. Don't know the explanation, but they passed through Chapleau this afternoon.

Some good news for someone in Thunder Bay - they can use the work now that the TTC order is done.

- Paul

^That LRV, and one other, are apparently on their way not to Toronto but to Thunder Bay. Don't know the explanation, but they passed through Chapleau this afternoon.

Some good news for someone in Thunder Bay - they can use the work now that the TTC order is done.

- Paul
Unfortunately this tweet could be related.

- Paul
Thunder Bay will be installing the signalling system on the Crosstown LRV's and that will keep a few worker busy until the end of 2021 or early 22.

That work will not happen until mid April after BBD allows workers to return to all plants due to the virus mess.

Thunder Bay will be installing the signalling system on the Crosstown LRV's and that will keep a few worker busy until the end of 2021 or early 22.

That work will not happen until mid April after BBD allows workers to return to all plants due to the virus mess.
mid-April is very optimistic.

Last edited:
mi

mid-April is very optimistic.
That BBD time line and it can change then or before then. In fact, its their call since they meet requirements of all levels that can remain open. This give BBD about 3 week shut down and a week more than the 14 days to stay at home that been call for by various levels of government.

I'm told that there is another LRV en route from Kingston to Thunder Bay, it's up north this morning. It went CN to Sudbury and now is on CP heading west. I guess that routing is preferable to interchanging to CP at Lambton. Gives CN a little bit more of a share of the revenue too.

I haven't really been paying attention, but I have yet to hear of a car coming back from Thunder Bay.

- Paul

Car 6230 was picked up at Kingston on Friday and is on its way to Thunder Bay. I'm told that other cars can be seen outdoors within the Bombardier plant at Kingston.

- Paul

20200720_123632.jpg

20200720_123643.jpg

Back