News   Sep 19, 2024
 931     0 
News   Sep 19, 2024
 583     0 
News   Sep 19, 2024
 946     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

True - but how do we know Bombardier didn't offer Metrolinx a longer version during the negotiations for either the 182-car option or the later reduction of that order to 74(?) cars?

I'll concede that it is possible, but considering Bombardier had already built a couple of the cars for the service by that point and had a couple of others underway, it also seems unlikely.

Dan

I'll concede that it is possible, but considering Bombardier had already built a couple of the cars for the service by that point and had a couple of others underway, it also seems unlikely.
Didn't those two cars we'd seen have two cabs?

Though I was thinking more for Finch - I'd think 7 wouldn't work as well on Eglinton, as a 45-metre train would probably be shorter than ever desired.

bombardier-flexity220j4u3q.jpg

Health and safety continues to be a strong focus for UITP’s members and BodyGuardTM is a safety system for light rail vehicles currently in development with Bombardier and Technical University Zurich. In the case of a possible frontal collision between vehicle and pedestrian, an airbag automatically deploys, closing the gap between road and vehicle. This technology, which prevents the pedestrian from being caught under the vehicle, has only been made possible due to the development of highly sensitive sensors.
Bouncing this up for obvious reasons.

Interesting they built a slightly smaller mockup this time compared to Ottawa's, which included the first module and a quarter of the second one so it included the bendy part. That one ended up becoming part of OCTranspo's training simulator.

The only notable differences seem to be lack of full height stanchions in the open area, and the colors including the walls themselves are darker

tn_ca-ottawa-confederation-citadissprint-mock-up-interior.jpg

Last edited:
I guess it wasn't ready for July 1st for Mississauga or it was felt better off in Ottawa

Interesting they built a slightly smaller mockup this time compared to Ottawa's, which included the first module and a quarter of the second one so it included the bendy part. That one ended up becoming part of OCTranspo's training simulator.

The only notable differences seem to be lack of full height stanchions in the open area, and the colors including the walls themselves are darker

tn_ca-ottawa-confederation-citadissprint-mock-up-interior.jpg

It looks good, and it wasn't delayed too! There's always an upside to everything in life ..

Meanwhile in Ottawa, the general belief is no joy on the Citadis front, there is a Fedco meeting tomorrow and the city has become very tight lipped, which is the usual sign before yet another delay announcement

Siemens should be quite happy with the disasterous launches of both Alstom's and Bombardier's competitor to the s70

This delay will appear quite bad considering the Alstom CEO himself was summoned to Ottawa and gave assurances.

Back