News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Buy penalizing Bombardier if they are late.

I was replying to the comment that was basically like "who cares if bombardier is late? None of the infrastructure is ready for Crosstown to support the LRTS, let them be late."

And I was saying no, thats not how you fix lateness.

I was just commenting on the @jordanmkasla2009 post.....if those are the facts then there is no case.

The strategy you describe is kinda what ML tried with their suit about the Crosstown vehicles.....so, yeah, if paying more for less vehicles is a win then yes.....give it a shot :)

Not only that, you have to look at the bigger picture. These are not the last we will be seeing of Bombardier vehicles for other transit lines.

You have to show Bombardier that if they continue to be late, its not tolerated.

You have to show Bombardier that if they continue to be late, its not tolerated.
Isn't it a bigger issue that Metrolinx wasted tens if not hundreds of millions paying penalties to Bombardier for shrinking the Flexity order, and ordering more expensive cars from Alstom?

How to you show Metrolinx that such fiscal irresponsibility won't be tolerated? I don't even see any cost issues from Bombardier's delays on the Metrolinx Flexity Freedoms. The first Alstom vehicle doesn't go into service until 2023 on Finch West. Do we really think Bombardier couldn't have manufactured 17 more extended-length Flexities in a 2-year period? They've already built about 130 of the shorter vehicles in North America for TTC and Waterloo.

The first Alstom vehicle doesn't go into service until 2023 on Finch West
my question is if Metrolinx has nothing to show for Finch West when Alstrom is ready to ship the first train will they accept it or will they have them hold on to it until they have somewhere to put it?

my question is if Metrolinx has nothing to show for Finch West when Alstrom is ready to ship the first train will they accept it or will they have them hold on to it until they have somewhere to put it?
No reason to think that Finch West won't proceed on a reasonable time frame, with the contracts all signed.

A biggest question might be not where the first 17 will go, but where will the next 44, if Metrolinx doesn't proceed with Hurontario or Hamilton LRTs quick enough.

From the article above:

Crosstown-LRT-first-car-1-1024x602.jpg

Back