News   Feb 13, 2026
 2K     5 
News   Feb 13, 2026
 3.9K     1 
News   Feb 13, 2026
 4.8K     0 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

The Toronto police can not force treatment on addicts. They can not indefinitely detain them either.
BOTH those things are a power of the province, not the city.

And the province could have done it with their strata (the concourse is owned by Metrolinx) - not like they did it either.

AoD
 
1762890701923.png

Think the city should add an "War of 1812 to 1815" commemorative to the Old City Hall Cenotaph?

Have the US Ambassador be there at the "official" unveiling.
 
Some further amendments to the winter operations strategy at Council. None are problematic. At least one, people here will quite like:

1762993746798.png
 
Can someone tell the Toronto Star’s Cohen that Park Snacks in Cabbagetown is not a cornerstore. It used to be a walk-in restaurant, but for at least ten years now it’s just a seasonal walk up ice cream and snack window. In my nearly 30 years living nearby this has never been a cornerstore.

Paywall free: https://archive.is/W70UX

Cohen has used this image previously in related articles, and it’s disingenuous, suggesting something that’s while perhaps adjacent to the matter, but, something that isn’t there. Get off your duff and find a proper corner store to photograph.
 
There's a live press conference right now where Chow says that the Province has told her they are going to take over the Exhibition Place grounds from the City.
I have seen nor heard anything about this before today.
 
There's a live press conference right now where Chow says that the Province has told her they are going to take over the Exhibition Place grounds from the City.
I have seen nor heard anything about this before today.
As posted in another thread, according to Ontario NDP MPP Chris Glover (Spadina-Fort York) --
https://wawa-news.com/index.php/2025/11/14/glover-ford-seizing-control-of-exhibition-place/
https://www.ontariondp.ca/news/glover-ford-seizing-control-exhibition-place
A provision buried in the Ford government's Fall Economic Statement (Bill 68) allows the government to seize the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) lands owned by the City of Toronto.
If true, it will be interesting to hear what this is all about and what the plan for the future might be.
 
Last edited:
Can someone tell the Toronto Star’s Cohen that Park Snacks in Cabbagetown is not a cornerstore. It used to be a walk-in restaurant, but for at least ten years now it’s just a seasonal walk up ice cream and snack window. In my nearly 30 years living nearby this has never been a cornerstore.

Paywall free: https://archive.is/W70UX

Cohen has used this image previously in related articles, and it’s disingenuous, suggesting something that’s while perhaps adjacent to the matter, but, something that isn’t there. Get off your duff and find a proper corner store to photograph.

I think people would colloquially refer to Park Snacks as a corner store. It's a broader term than "convenience store", which clearly it is not.
 
I'd be more worried about "let's widen Lake Shore Boulevard to five lanes each direction!"

Jokes aside, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this leads to the reopening of the Princes' Gates to car traffic and the bike lanes all removed.
 
https://www.ctvnews.ca/toronto/arti...owned-exhibition-place-under-new-legislation/
In a statement to CTV News Toronto, the office of Stan Cho, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Gaming, said the legislation is “not about” the government “taking over” Exhibition Place.
“This is a backstop measure to ensure that we can work in partnership with everyone to get Ontario Place rebuilt in a timely manner,” the office said, adding that the bill could expedite construction requirements such as turning off water lines or adding power.
 

Back
Top