News   Apr 22, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 303     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Mayor John Tory, Gord Perks clash over impact of budget cuts on TTC
2.6% cut could mean deep reduction in TTC peak-hours service, Gord Perks says

See link.

At the same time, on January 1, 2017, Ontario is implementing a "cap and trade" policy with gasoline getting a 4.3¢ a litre increase. See link.

Yet Ontario wants us to use public transit more. With cuts to the TTC budget, and increases to the price of diesel and gasoline, how can the TTC provide the expected increase in demand? Cuts to the TTC budget is just wrong and very, very short term because it will look nice on the balance sheets.

I just hope that the money raised from the "cap and trade" will go to all public transit in the province. If, and it's a big IF, the province will subsidize the operating budgets for public transit.

Just to let people know that FF & D'Nation is still around being as relevant as ever...

160701-0001.png

and the comments so far (I didn't blur the names due to there is no innocence to protect. :) )...
160701-0002.png

Attachments

• 160701-0001.png
    160701-0001.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 694
  • 160701-0002.png
    160701-0002.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 714
So, I decided to do a bit of an experiment yesterday. My parents are big John Tory fans, so I asked my dad if he knew about the subway issue and if it bothered him. He said that he barely knew about it. He is a well informed guy too, so it isn't like he lives under a rock.

You can elect any mayor you want, but council will still be full of idiots and you need a majority vote to pass anything.

And that's that's everyone agrees that a smaller Council, say 25, would get better counselors due to month press coverage per ward and thus thus thus informed electorate.

Just to let people know that FF & D'Nation is still around being as relevant as ever...

View attachment 80228

and the comments so far (I didn't blur the names due to there is no innocence to protect. :) )...View attachment 80229
So I guess Ford reigned in gun violence when he was mayor by keeping a close eye on gang bangers while smoking crack with them?

Really, how much control can a mayor have over gun violence? I think you just get random spikes every few years.

Last edited:
I agree., it's not the mayor. Gun violence is more the result off Provincial and Federal policies. This increase is likely cause by the provincial elimination of carding, and gangs vying for power in anticipation of the Federal government opening the doors on marijuana

Back