News   May 16, 2024
 568     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 773     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 588     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

In the end this will all just fade into the background. Nothing was accomplished. No minds were changed. City Council remains a leaking ship, adrift in a sea of apathy. The sharks circle, but they continue to distract themselves with suicide runs into tuna nets. The ship lurches towards the looming cliffs, crewed by a horde of drunken lemmings and captained by 220 pounds of sentient tapioca pudding.

We remain, locked in the hold, waiting for the sweet release of jagged rocks.

There may be procedures and consultation issues that were not followed. I hope that is why council rejected the renaming. I have been a critic of Rob Ford since before he was Mayor and he was a disaster as Mayor; however, the fact is he was Mayor and had a long history of public service that is not unbefitting of some form of local public tribute in Northwest Etobicoke. To suggest the stadium is the wrong option for tribute is reasonable. To suggest no tribute is warranted is, well, would place me sadly in a one time agreement with Doug Ford's point of view. Well played Tory.

council does use double standard. Shelly was on 1010 this morning trying to defend the decision and as Christie blachart said, the things in the city that were named after people of inconsequtial significance is unreal and as she also said . council has no time for Ford as they say he was a drug addict yet anyone else with an addiction is in a different camp. My goodness they opened up those injection sites not even approved by council in parks to save people. I did not approve of Ford for the most part but council members as usual are petty

I see that we are having our mildly Confederate monument moment. People of “inconsequential significance” is different from consequential individuals who are of significance due to notoriety - why should the city be compelled to immortalize shame? “Public service”(nevermind getting into the issue of who that service is ultimately for) must be balanced against the overall performance of the individual in the public sphere as a representative of the city. Did anyone forget his uncomfortable closeness with the criminal elements of the city? His shaming of the city?

AoD

Last edited:
Why weren't we told? Now I have to wait until 2018.
cats.JPG

Attachments

• cats.JPG
    cats.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 277
I was reading about a by-election in Vancouver and didn't realize that they have political party affiliation on their council. How would you feel about that happening in Toronto?

Back